Hey guys good to be back!!!

Youngblood

Rear Admiral
Hi all!!

i doubt anyone noticed i was missing but i just got back from being deployed in the falklands and havent been to the cic in over 4 months just thought id let you all know im so happy to be back!!!

Im in the RAF and we get deployed there for 4 months for air defence of the islands with our trusty (but old) Tornado F3's we have had guys there since the falklands war back in the 80s

Youngblood said:
Im in the RAF and we get deployed there for 4 months for air defence of the islands with our trusty (but old) Tornado F3's we have had guys there since the falklands war back in the 80s
what kind of work do you do with the tornadoes?

tornadoes are only like 30 years old, right? are they in bad shape or are they just comparatively obsolete?

Im a ground crew engineer so i basicly fix and maintain the jets the tornado is really showing its age but its still a fine jet however it is so close to the end of its service the typhoon (Euro Fighter) is now on line with 2 squadrons not long left before it takes over completly from the tornado wich is good as the typhoon is 50 years upgradable which kicks ass!:p

Back