Hero difficulty + three bugs

Sharpshooter

Rear Admiral
...So, after Dundradal told me about Hero difficulty making your wingmen much smarter, I actually decided to try it, and I replayed the losing missions in Episode 1.

And I won the pirate base mission after going through through the losing missions. Your wingmen really are much smarter, and they seem to use missiles more often. Of course, the problem is that your enemies also get much smarter, so battles can sometimes turn into spectacular dogfights where both sides have the potential to wipe out each other very quickly. Still, some missions are easier on Hero than on Ace, and the losing missions in Ep.1 seem to be among them.

Two bugs I thought I had mentioned before (but I can't find the post where I thought I had mentioned them, so my memory may be failing me, and so I'll repost them just in case) :

-After the scramble mission ("They must have detected us! Kill them all, Captain!), the game always substracts one from the Stiletto count, even if you manage to save every ship.

-In Search for a Strike, *Trigger* is one of the Firekka pilots, which is pretty odd since you have yet to meet him.

Also, I still get that annoying freeze bug. In Episode 4, it will go away if I wait long enough, but in Episode 1, I was only able to get rid of it by force-quitting. It mostly happens in the losing mission that starts with the cutscene of your Gladius jumping in. While reducing the level of detail as well as turning off the voices can help, it can still happen around the time the Lionheart jumps in and starts launching the Stilettos.

Computer specs :

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.20 Ghz
2GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8700 something (I don't have the specs right here, I'm using my father's computer).

Off-topic : Remember how I complained about the Ep.3 minelaying mission being too hard? I abused taunts to no end (and probably got lucky :p) and managed to save all 6 Clydesdales. :D

Thanks! As I said, taunts can help a lot in this mission, because you need to be close enough to an enemy ship to shoot it, whereas taunts have a loooong range. Also, I don't think the successfully "taunted" ships will ever attack the Clydesdales again.

Well, that's kind of the point of taunts, isn't it? They randomly make your enemies forget about their targets... Instead, they go really mad at you. :p

Speaking of Wingmen and AI, I'm pretty sure I've been slugged at more than a few times from some overagressive friendly fire! =)

Maybe it was something you said? ;)

...Seriously, though. Yes, there is more friendly fire in Standoff than in WCP/SO. This is not because of any AI changes, but precisely because there are no AI changes. We have a lot more friendly ships in the game than there were in WCP/SO, and the AI doesn't really play well with others.

In WCP/SO, when you engaged the last remaining enemy fighter, it really didn't matter that your three wingmen went after it as well. In Standoff, that last remaining enemy fighter is often engaged by ten friendlies - and some of them are aggressive, Rapier-flying friendlies. In those situations, if you charge forward trying to get the kill, there's a very good chance your wingmen will hit you a few times. Or actually, many, many times :p.

I definitely noticed that! I learned to back off once there was only an enemy or two and a full flight of friendlies.

I didn't have much of a problem when the sides were evenly matched. Friendlies seem to spread out fairly evenly on the different enemy targets. It's possible though that friendlies were shooting me and I assumed it was the enemy.

Back