Help!

Delta_Strife

Rear Admiral
Its been a long time since i posted anything but I need some help. For you see I am trying to find my Grandfathers Military Service record. The only problem is he was drafted into the German military during ww2 when he was 16. Is there anyway i can find his service record.

I think my grandfather's or great grandfather's service record (geez, is there anyone who didn't have some ancestor fight in World War II?) was found by looking up geneology and tracing the family tree. I'll have to try and remember exactly how it was done.

I think Justin had an ancestor who died in a concentration camp in WW2. Fell from a guard tower.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I think my grandfather's or great grandfather's service record (geez, is there anyone who didn't have some ancestor fight in World War II?)
Just our French members.

I have tried almost everything to find his service record. Do you think i could email the German Embassy? Unless there have classified hisl service records because he did serve int he elite german troops from that era but i doubt they did classidy it.

Originally posted by Delta_Strife
Do you think i could email the German Embassy? Unless there have classified hisl service records because he did serve int he elite german troops from that era but i doubt they did classidy it.

it wouldn't hurt to try that. the worst that could happen is they say no. and as for the classified thing, if his service record was, well, it's been almost 60 years since the war ended, i don't think that it would be classified now.

Hope the records weren't in Dresden. Or the East part of Berlin or Germany. Could have been classified "toast".

no he was on the western front. He drove a tiger tank. thats about it for the info i got out of him. Also his division was the last to cross back into germany after the allied forces advanced.

yah kno.... Berlin was bombed to hell during WWII... maybe his record was destroyed... i kno its not likely... but its possible

they wouldnt tell you until they were well sure everyone from that generation was dead... to keep any problems from happening

Back