Help with Delta Prime Campaign Mission

hoovsbin

Spaceman
I don't want to drop any spoilers, but I seem to be experiencing a bug in the Taryn Cross Mission 4, while working for the Exploratory Service. I've mapped out Delta, Beta, and Gamma on the first three missions, and fly the fourth mission to map out Delta Prime. At Delta Prime there is only the 'Jump To Gamma' nav point and a second lockable nav point at the asteroid field surrounding the jump point to Gamma. A couple of pirates have been flying around, but no dockable ships. A yellow dot appears on the nav screen which I cannot lock on, corresponding to the location of the local sun. I've flown towards this dot for a distance of over 500,000 clicks, with no changes occurring in the nav map or the appearance of any viewable "derelicts".

When I finally give up in finding any new discovery in Delta Prime and jump back to Gamma, the Steltek drone is there to give chase, as if something happened in Delta Prime (which it didn't it - still have my 4 Tachyons). I don't have enough jump fuel to go back to Rygannon, or anywhere else to dock. End of mission, campaign, and game with a cold death drifting in space

Is there a bug, or am I failing to do something? Is the campaign incomplete in this Beta (I'm still on Beta 0.9, not 0.9b)? Any help will be an nice Christmas gift.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all.

I moved the game files from Privateer Remake beta 0.9 over to Privateer Remake Beta 0.9b, and it works like a charm. There was the derelict right where the Steltek abandoned it, and where I could find it. Maybe it was a bug on my system (still only have music from one speaker), or I just wasn't looking in the right spot. On the beta 0.9b, the Steltek derelict appeared as soon as I warped to see the pirates in the system.

I remember in the original Privateer, the Delta Prime system was deserted, with no asteroids. I'm glad those pirates flying around in Delta Prime space never got curious about that big white ship and went on a scavenger hunt on-board.

Again, Merry Christmas to all you merchants, pirates, b-hunters, and privateers!

I hate to have such a one-sided conversation, but I went back to re-fly the Steltek derelict mission, Taryn Cross Mission 4, to see if I can sell my inside left gun and have the Steltek gun mounted there, instead of the default right side, and I can't find the derelict ship again, even with the beta 0.9b load.

Can anyone tell me where this ship is in relationship to the in-bound jump point? Do you fly away from the jump point at 12, 3, 6, 9 or some other direction?

Thanks again.

Did you talk to Taryn right before you launched?
the derelict only appears when you talk to her and take the mission

the gun always appears on the first mount...

to transfer it, sell it to a base, and buy it back for 0 creds

Yeah, I always make sure Taryn has given me the proper instructions for the mission. I've ran it 10 times and the derelict has appeared exactly once. I guess I'll just go on from that one game that worked, instead of obsessing over where the gun is placed. Do you remember where the derelict was in relationship to the sun or direction from the jump node on the nav map? Thanks.

can you send me your savegame where you can't get the derelict to appear
it must be different than mine :)
I'd really appreciate it

privater *atsign gmail.com

the savegame is in .privateer009/save/

ya I can get the derelict every time--so it must be something funky with your savegame...
send that to me and I'll debug it :)

Found the problem you were having!
Thank you *so* much for reporting it... we owe ya' one

edit modules/quest_drone.py

search for
"base"
change to
"Base"

or you can change the coordinates from 1000000000,10000000000,10000000 to 0,0,0

Thanks, hellcatv. Made the change and the derelict appears everytime.

You know, the support you're giving on your free beta is better than most companies give on their $50 commercial gold versions.

Thanks again.

hellcatv said:
That makes me happy :)
usually users grumble about making changes :)
Keep enjoyin' the game, pal :)

So Grumble...mumble, but let's take it one step further.

I'm sitting SMACK DAB in the middle of the jump point in Delta Prime and the Nav computer shows my ship half way across the system, not in the Jump to Gama/AFieldBasePriv core.

HUH?

I'll make the change and see if it causes the same problem again. I'd save here, but how? Any requests before I do anything or make any changes?

hellcatv said:
just make the changes I suggested here then?

Not an issue. Changes in.
We'll see if it changes anything. Small system, eh? That's as close as what I could tell by tinkering with playing it.

Back