hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/scaper1/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

John Luna

Well, I signed the petition. I'm not really a Farscape fan, but I have no desire to see anyone elses favorite show cancelled.

That said, there's probably much better ways of doing this -- I can't imagine that the person who created 'PetitionOnline' did so as anything but a joke... I just can't see giant lists of e-mails making a difference. A physical letter writing campaign would probably have a whole lot more of an effect on the Sci Fi Channel's decision.

(Also, welcome back if you're back... hello and good to see you're still alive if you're not... wish you'd been around last month while I was putting together my WC computer (G))

This is one of those things i'd *LIKE* to sign, but won't because of *WHY* they cancelled Farscape.

They want the money to do another season of SG-1. Season 6 was going to be the last, but now that they're cancelling Farscape they have more money to finance SG-1 with, which gets double the ratings of Farscape.

I like Farscape, but if it has to be sacrificed for another season of SG-1, so be it.

it may get better ratings, but honestly it is alot more tired approach to scifi, farscape was different from any other tv show ever which is why i loved it

I never really got the big deal about Farscape. It's alright but some people are making it out to be Babylon 5 all over again. (And the last thing we need are more over enthusiastic B5 fans!)

Online petitions are the biggest joke since unsliced bread.

I signed it, but only cause of what ladiesman said, I don't watch farscape much anymore, more cause of that I don't have enough time, but if it gets SG1 off the screen, well if I had to choose between both farscape wins in a long run :) sorry

Yeah, god knows, you have to perfer Farscape over SG-1! After all, who'd put up a petition to keep that show on the air. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LeHah
Yeah, god knows, you have to perfer Farscape over SG-1! After all, who'd put up a petition to keep that show on the air. :rolleyes:
I like both shows. I want them both to stay on air. But if I had to choose I think I would go with Farscape if they would start doing 26 episodes a season like the other shows do.

That the problem. 12 episodes a seasons and spread out during the course of a season. No wonder they can't increase their viewership. I tell you the SciFi channel is like the kiss of death to good series.

That B5 Ranger movies would had gotten better west coast (USA) ratings if they had not of schedule it against the NFL. Whom ever is in charge over there is doesn't know what they are doing.

Well, their actual seasons are around 24 or 26 episodes in length. They simply don't show them all in succession. We only see 12 of them at a time (with short, four-month breaks between each block of episodes) because their production schedule is a little funky. If they showed each season in its entirety all at once, you'd have to wait seven or eight months between each season. SCI FI obviously felt that the fans would be less pissed off with these shorter breaks.

Lets see...

Farscape or SG-1....
I own EVERY SG-1 DVD (Seasons 1-5 are available here in the UK) and only the first 2 Farscapes, it just isn't as captivating as SG-1, its watchable but I feel little connection to anything in the show, the idea of bringing modern day people to futuristic situations (not to mention long dead cultures) is one which is FAR LESS done than a ship of aliens trying to elude persuers and its crew find a way home.

Back