Heat Seekers

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I have to say I have developed new hatred for these missiles in Standoff. Not that they didn't suck already. I just finished playing through Standoff again today and on more then one occasion, I had a gothri in my crosshairs, and launched a HS at them. The Gothri pretty much just listed lazily to either side which completely threw the missile off. One time, it threw the missile off so bad that the missile did a loop and slammed into my wingman. Traitors never win... grrr.

Using Heat seekers is sort of an art. You definitely have to be careful when you launch them since they do very often lose lock with the slightest movement of the target. I typically only use them at close range thereby almost assuring a hit. I never ever launch at longer ranges because of the ease with which they are thrown off.

Yeah, heatseekers are easy to throw off - but hit a Drakhri, and it dies with one hit. Definitely useful.

Using Heat seekers is sort of an art. You definitely have to be careful when you launch them since they do very often lose lock with the slightest movement of the target. I typically only use them at close range thereby almost assuring a hit. I never ever launch at longer ranges because of the ease with which they are thrown off.

Yeah I guess. I just got heated during that mission because I made it a goal to save that rapier wing during the family reunion part of chapter 2, not just Sparrow, so I jump in not thinking and was just like, "Alright lets do this! LEROOOOOOY JENKINS!!!":D

Back