Has anyone played...

Wolf

Spaceman
Has anyone played Gabriel Knight 3. I was wondering if the 3D graphic images of the characters would be a good way for Origin to go in WCP. I personally thought they were done reasonably well. Would that method cut down on actors cost or would it still be just as expensive to hire them as voices.

I've seen it and I still think FMV with actors is better...

They still need practice.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

But people would probably pay more for a game that has what they like. I still think CGI isn't realistic enough to show people, although it can be used for cutscenes that show space ships. Like when the Midway jumps to another system. I hope that POL will bring enough money for EA to give Origin a budget similar to what they got for WC4, and that the next SP game will use mostly FMV.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 17, 2000).]

Even if they somehow did a WC6 with a WC4 budget.. they'd use computer generated characters. They could make a much larger story and do a lot more then.

I just hope that by the time they do make WC6 CGI will look more realistic than it does today.

OT, Chris do you know of a place where Chris Roberts said that the WC movie is in the same universe as the games and other novels? I'm arguing with few people on a different thread, and I need to show them where I got it.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Hmm.. the closest thing I know of at the moment are his quotes in the official Wing Commander movie magazine. His goes on and on about the benefits of continuity within a grand universe/series. There are also direct quotes from Prinze and Lillard in the same magazine about how well the movie works with the games and other products.

Great, thanks. I realy can't understand why people say the movie just doesen't fit with the rest of the universe. There are things that contradict some stuff in the games, but nothing major. Anyway, thanks again.
smile.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Even from the right point of view, everything fits without contradiction.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

As an actor I would have to say that replacing live actors with CGI effects insults me...but on some games it has given more ombionce than a live action would...point made "Final Fantasy"!!!

But I personally have become used to seeing live characters and the actors that play them...in the WC games....

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?
Well do ya!?! Well punk!?! Because you know maybe, just maybe, when I'm flyin on your wing...my auto track could just mistake you for the Roach you are...got that...Ace!?! Sure you do...wouldn't want to get that nice squad jacket all mussed up now would we..?

What is CGI by the way? Sorry if I have asked this question before. Dont know whats so wrong with it after all the first two WC were not movie scences and they were good games for those times. With the new advances being made in 3D imagery I am sure Origin could provide a great game at a much cheaper rate than movie games. Though I suppose it will never bring in the revenue of online games.

I have to admit I like the Live Actors even though Mark Hammill was gettin a little pudgy by the end.

About the graphics instead of bitching about how the are not that great just remember the graphics in WC & WC2. The graphics have improved substantially from them so I do not see why they would not continue to do so. And also graphics are getting a lot cheaper to produce so budget should not be a problem

Remember this is just my opinion here.

------------------
Hackers Never Die Their TTL Just Expires

Back