Happy 17th Birthday, CIC! (August 16, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Welcome Wingnuts to the celebration of the CIC's 17th Birthday! The years keep racing by faster and faster, and the site is now older than many staff members and visitors were in 1998 when we first set up shop at wcnews.com! To put it another way, the entire series wasn't even 17 years old when Wing Commander Arena was released in 2007. Incredibly however, traffic to the CIC is on pace to be 33% higher this month than a year ago. This is due to multiple factors, not the least of which is that a vibrant community attracts more followers, and all of the impressive things fans are doing are making this a better place every day. Now on to the birthday updates! To kick things off in style, check out this gorgeous image from DefianceIndustries!

--
Original update published on August 16, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to say thank you again to the greatest community out there. It's been 17 incredible years and last night was great! It was a blast watching #wingnut be filled with fans for hours on end talking Wing Commander and everything else under the sun. We made a few cool discoveries (I'm actually really curious to see what's in the old acenet files...) and continued an event that has always been a summer highlight.

Hats off to everyone here, staff, fans, friends, and to another great year!

Long Live the Confederation!

It was a really nice evening. I always love to drop by celebrate with you. This is one of the kindest communities here on the internet and I'm happy to be a part of it. That's another reason to look forward to the CIC's birthday each year. Thanks to everyone who made this nice evening possible. :)

Back