Handles...

Deadman

Spaceman
It has always been intersting to hear how someone came up with their callsign. That is why I'm opening this thread.

I'll kick things off. When I got WC1 for my SNES I didn't have a clue as to how to play it. Hel1, I thought the simlulator was the game. And when I went to the barreks I always went to the left (back to bar). Never came to mind to go right. Stupid I know (probly should have read the manual), but wht do you expect from an eleven-year-old kid. Anyway I just got sick of it and gave up on it. A month or so later I tried it again and found it to be pretty cool. Unfortunatally I sucked and it seemed as if I died fifty times before completeting even the most simple mission. Being a wise@ss I used Fu(kup as my callsign. After seeing the funeral cene countless times I changed my calsign to something a bit more PC; Deadman. Weeks later after finishing WC1 I saw SM1 at the local video store and rented it. So of course I wanted to keep it so I told the cleark it was lost and payed for it.

That's my story...

------------------
http://www.matthewlillard.com/multimedia/wctvspot01.rm

Well, ok my callsign story. Bellend is my perculiar callsign... Don't read if you don't like rude stuff. Bellend is a sland name for the head of the penis... dick-head... head of penis get it??? Anyway. I used to use that callsign but now I use the callsign Wildcat because I got and email advertising some Wildcat inc company or something and i though, "hey that would be a cool callsign" but i can't change my username without losing my lieutenant status...
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My story is short, I was reading WC4.12353, it's the parody of WC4 by Gary Haldik (is that right?) and Blairs callsign was Earthworm. I liked it and it stayed with me. I use it in WCP and SO but in WC1-WC4 I still use Maverick.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Well, I used to have all sorts of callsigns in the games, but all the others that I somewhat liked were already taken when I downloaded WCSO. So I picked the first thing that came into my mind, and it was Klaus, and then I sticked to it. But it had a somewhat humorous side effect, as someone now and then calls me Santa...

smile.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

My friends used to say that my head was crazed aka crazy. But my friends knew that I wasn't a pretense has-been and thats how I came up with my name of Craze

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Well, I play the *hero* of every thing so that's where my callsign comes from. I also use the callsign of "Beast" because my last name translats into *animals* (really!
biggrin.gif
).

------------------
Evilution!

My friends back at the high school (wow, ten years already...) used to call me "The Pete" until one day one of my friend licking a 3-colors popsicle saw me become RED in front of a cute girl and told me something like this : "Hey three-colors Pete ! Just like my popsicle, you're white, then red and then blue ! ... " (then taking a bite of his popsicle and discovering his 5 Popsicle Pete points printed on the stick) " ... PopsiclePete !!!" Of course, everyone laughed making me blue
smile.gif
That's how people started calling me PopsiclePete, Popsicle and just Pops.
smile.gif

------------------
PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete's WC Page : http://members.xoom.com/PopsiclePete
E-mail : PopsiclePete@angelfire.com

Visit HCl's WC editing Archives

In my kickboxing, and shootfighting matches, I earned the nickname Mad Dog for my for intense fighting and grappling style, but in terms of Wing Commander I used Mad Dog in Prophecy. In WC1-4 I used the callsign "Cool Hand" because I saw that callsign in a movie called flight of the intruder and thought it was cool. Also, I used the callsign "Ace" in WCP because that was what Maniac always mockingly calls you so i would like to pretend it was really my callsign.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Ok. This is like the last time I tell you all this. It's getting annoying being confused for a 10-year-old who misspells the name of a Dinobot from Transformers...
frown.gif

I made up my nick long before I heard of this Grimlock character, although it was just last year. Anyhoo, I began a series of stories with a good friend, who unfortunately chose AP Prep English was too hard. Fool. We both chose to create one main character each, then link them together. It was basically a Warcraft-age-meets-Starcraft-humor series of stories. Never took off. But the name of my character was Grimloc. My friend's was Vor' goll, a short Scottish hippie with a gigantic axe. The series died out rather quickly after he dropped back to college-bound.
frown.gif
But I use Grimloc for everything now except AOL IM, and for that I use Byyloc, who for a short time roamed #wingnut. Grimloc out.

------------------
Heck, when you think of a better signature, tell me.

if you havent guessed, go read taggert's tips and you will find my favorite maneuver, which is why i love the dragon so much.

Unlimited afterburner.

[This message has been edited by BurnOut (edited January 14, 2000).]

Originally, when I started WC (with Priv/RF, in 1994), I used "Pooreboy", a play on my last name.

Around the beginning of 1995, when I'd racked up 2000-odd kills in Priv/RF, I thought I should use a more 'menacing' callsign. After a bit of thinking (not much, admittedly), I chose "Death," and have been using that in all my online WC time, starting with signing my posts to alt.games.wing-commander as 'Dan "Death" Poore' (yes, now you all know my terrible secret...
wink.gif
), and that eventually evolved to just 'Death', as it was fewer words to type (using a news reader that didn't support sig files at the time).

That, in a nutshel (sorta), is how I came to this nick/handle, which I use pretty much everywhere involving WC.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 14, 2000).]

My callsign isn't very creative either. It's actually after the meson canon/gun. I was going to change it, but it seem to fit me. I'm a physicist and a anime fan.

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

I'm using mine since I began playing WC1. How I came up with it? I had watched an old Sylvester Stallone/Billy Dee Williams movie on VHS shortly before I started playing the game. I was called Nachtfalken which is Nighthawk in German.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

[This message has been edited by Nighthawk (edited January 15, 2000).]

was using the callsign "BlackHole" when playing wc4. then i came to that part where blair was toking to melek about the cloaking device and he(blair) said "consider it payback..." and i thought it fits my style of doing things..and dogfighting in wc4(when some idiots dump off some missiles at me and i survive that...i'll gun down his shields and finish him with a missile..payback..)

and that's it!

Maddog : do u know where i can get that Flight of the Intruder in VCD?
i only saw the VCD version in those stores selling TVs..

------------------
You the man...YOU THE MAN!!

My C/S (Handle) comes from my USAF days. I was known as the Squadron Ramrod. Give me a project and I would get it done (no matter what it was and when it was due). I had to keep track of a lot of projects and would really dog someone if their project was going to be late and that included the Squadron Commander
smile.gif
The Call Sign followed me where ever I went and when I was made an honorary inteceptor puke at Tyndall AFB from the Interceptor Weapons School I was given a nametag for my flight suit and jacket with that Call Sign on it
smile.gif
I thought it would be natural to contiue using it in the WC universe since we fly fighters
smile.gif

------------------
Founder of the Blacklance HQ

My very first handle was "Lovius", wich I got from a review of Space Hulk in some Dutch games magazine a few years ago. ?y friends kept asking me what it mean, but I didn't know, so I decided to take something more menacing. I got the Crusader: No Regret demo from a friend and quickly became and expert on slaughtering civillians. After a while I started thinking to myself:"Have I really become such a sick violent person that I don't care anymore if the civvies survive? Do I really have no regret? Hey "No Regret"! That sounds cool enough. *blows up civvie with gl303, grins and says "I have no regret" to bloody pulp on screen*
That how I got my handle and It's been that way for the past 3 years. I use it almost everywhere, so when you should meet someone online who calls himself No Regret there's a good chance that's me.

------------------
The time is near.
There are 350 days remaining.

I´m with stupid
|
V

My handle came from one of my favorite video games: MegaMan X. Play MMX 4, and one of the cutscenes will refer to X and "Commander X".

I used to go by Hawk or Maniac(not related to having played WC), but then I decided tp pick something that wasn't somehow connected to wing Commander, since my real name is Chris Blair(god, the number of joke I've gotten from that.)

Back