Greetings from the Past

Matt Nelson

Lieutenant Commander
Hello Everyone,

It has been a long while since I have been able to post and get back into WC. Hope all of you have been well. Like the site lay out. I look forward to reading some of the fan fic. Can one play the WC games in Windows 7.

Matt Nelson
BLS Krakatoa

Hello Everyone,

It has been a long while since I have been able to post and get back into WC. Hope all of you have been well. Like the site lay out. I look forward to reading some of the fan fic. Can one play the WC games in Windows 7.

Matt Nelson
BLS Krakatoa

Certainly. DOS games are running better then ever with the aid of DOSBOX and GoG.com is doing well selling them all over again.

The Windows titles need a little TLC to get them to run smoothly on modern systems but nothing the community can't help with if not already fixed in a patch :D.

If you're having trouble installing or playing any specific titles, chime in here and we'll see if we can help or direct you to a fix.

Also, don't forget to drop in at the CIC's IRC server at "irc.wcnews.com" #wingnut. Welcome back to the community!

-Whistler
TCS-Hyperion

Welcome back! Always good to see a friendly ship!

The entire WC catalog is available from GOG.com for only a few bucks a piece. It's easy to rebuild your entire collection in minutes! Just a bit of tinkering in some cases and then you are good to go!

Back