Got Wing Commander 3 on GoG and just bought a Logitech Freedom 2.4 wireless joystick, help!

Decay

Ensign
When I start up WC3 in the dosbox, it asks to config the joystick, I do it properly (joystick is working fine in the windows status screen) but in WC3 it constantly drifts to the bottom of the screen after calibrating. I assume I have to configure it in the logitech profiler, would someone happen to have a profile I can download for WC3?

We're talking about dosbox right? You shouldn't have to adjust the logitech profiler if the stick is callibrated in windows.. You could check the dosbox.conf five settings and change joystick timed to equal false (or the opposite of whatever it is set to) and see if that helps.

We're talking about dosbox right? You shouldn't have to adjust the logitech profiler if the stick is callibrated in windows.. You could check the dosbox.conf five settings and change joystick timed to equal false (or the opposite of whatever it is set to) and see if that helps.

Yep, I tried that, and it's the same thing every time. Cursor just pulls to the bottom of the screen after calibrating. This also happened when I tried getting Strike Commander working in dosbox, and I never found a solution.

NEVERMIND, I think I just figured it out, and this might explain my earlier problem with Strike Commander. Seems I had my Xbox 360 wired controller plugged in at the same time and that was causing the problem. As soon as I unplugged the xbox controller, the joystick configuration for my flightstick worked fine.

Now I just need to get the twist and throttle functions working. I assume WC3 doesn't have native twist and throttle controls to map in game and I'll have to map the keyboard functions to the joystick via the logitech profiler

Cool. Thanks for posting the solution. I've had other issues where the stick just doesn't work at all if any other USB controllers are plugged in at the same time.

To be honest, I'm really not sure that it's worth setting up twist or throttle controls for WC3 - I know I haven't bothered. The WC3 flight engine very rarely gives you a reason to be travelling at a speed other than maximum, afterburner maximum, or what your target is travelling at, so having an analogue throttle doesn't really seem worth it. I'm not even sure what I'd want twist to do. Slide, maybe, except I'm not sure that'd be mappable.

Well, can't you theoretically use the twist in place of rudder pedals? I know WC3 dos doesn't support it but I believe KS version of WC3 adds rudder pedal and throttle stupport.

Is there a chance that Strike Commander is gonna go on GOG.com anytime soon? I tried configuring my old copy with Dosbox and had no luck cause it never seems to save the settings, and the joystick control is always screwed up. Strike Commander was one of my favorite games back in the day.

Back