Good Golly

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Wow, you guys sure posted up a storm this week. The new Zone really spiffed this place up.

You bet!
Even more now with this ranking system...
biggrin.gif

And why on earth are you a cadet?
smile.gif

Souldn't you be a Space Marshal?
smile.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles."

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, we needed to show new people that people actually chat in here... if we hadn't talked enough (I know I put in my fair share
smile.gif
) new people would think that this place isn't popular and wouldn't post.

I hope you liked the posts about the misspelling of your name... some new insights :)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Shouldn't be a cadet anymore now.
smile.gif

I'm look to the sky to save me.. Oh sorry.. THE FOO FIGHTERS ROCK.. No you aren't a cadet anymore..

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

I like this board it's just I'm not one of those postal post freaks just get a higher rank (No offense) but when I get promoted I get promoted.....Thats how I feel.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

None taken...
smile.gif

------------------

~Gunner~

Thank god!
smile.gif

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.

Oh shut up you little 2nd Lieutenant..
smile.gif
Hi WAY down there. How are you?

Just kidding deadman..
smile.gif

------------------

~Gunner~

I think she was joking.
smile.gif

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

I think is prety good the way it's divided into pages, just change the number of replies that can go onto one page to 60 or something.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Its good for threads because it doesnt take as long to load.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I think I set it to 40 posts per page, to save on loading times and such...

I could make it so that the most recent post is on the top of the page (reversed order)...

Kris: That really would be better. Since the threads were divided into pages I'm getting problems with downloading them for offline reading. When a thread has more than one page it won't get updated. Same goes for index.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Hmm... looks like it too.
But... even reverse order has its complications (like finding out what the heck the conversation was going through for the new listeners).
The only real problem I have with is probably the 40 post limit.
Well... I can't see posts going past 50-60 (unless they are good ones).
So perhaps if you were to increase the page limit to 50-60 or something rather.

Quite frankly... I find it just that teeny-weeny annoying to click on that iddy-biddy "2".

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Yet... there is something you CAN remove for sure!
Remove the IP Address from the bottom of the message for all of those who don't have a fancy proxy or firewall. It is a potential security hazard for those who are not protected (which is... most).

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Postcount per page set to 50 now... that should do I think. The larger threads still have less than 50 posts. I could reverse the order, but then a lot of people would be desoriented.

Security issues are minimal. People with evil intentions don't look for IPs on boards, because they don't know if the person is still online. They get their IPs for hacking purposes on IRC and ICQ. If you're still worried, then get http://www.lockdown2000.com . Easy to set up, and all kinds of protection. You're quite safe if you don't go around downloading all sorts of dodgy programs, which may contain trojans.

Metras sez:
Remove the IP Address from the bottom of the message for all of those who don't have a fancy proxy or firewall. It is a potential security hazard for those who are not protected (which is... most).

Considering most posters here are using dynamically-assigned IP addresses given to them by the dial-up they happen to be using, it's not that great a threat.

Anyhow, for your average Winblows system, without file/print sharing activated, there's little in the way of an actual security risk (assuming the end-user hasn't done something stupid like download a trojan or other 'backdoor' program, at which point one's IP address being known or not is a moot point). Yes, one can theoretically get hit by a WinNuke, but the patch(es) for that have been out for years now. Not having them applied is stupidity itself, and I for one don't have much sympathy for those who aren't patched. Darwin moves in mysterious ways, and all that...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Back