Gold/Silver/Bronze Stars

Sonntag

Spaceman
Everybody knows the great classic Hangar Deck sceremonies of WC1, when you were awarded the Bronze/Silver/Gold star. I always found this to be the thing that made WC1 THAT special, it was one of the most important things in the game.

Why were these features never implemented in the other games? I know that the story didn't allow it in WC2, and in WC 3 it might be a bit strange that a commander is awarded all the time, but still it could have taken place. It would also have been great if you could have had a look onto your medals in the other WC games just like in WC1 (or X-Wing)

Is there any reason why all these great ideas were dropped?

Yeah, I, too, enjoyed those awards in WC1. It was great to check out all your medals and admire them every now and then (not that I, uh, ever did anything like that... yeah, that's the ticket!).

But you were awarded with a medal once or twice in Prophecy, remember?

For one thing, Blair, averaging 400 kills a year ( :) ), had a trunk full of medals. For another, how many medals can you give a guy who's the most decorated pilot in Confed? Really, not too many more.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Yeah, I, too, enjoyed those awards in WC1. It was great to check out all your medals and admire them every now and then (not that I, uh, ever did anything like that... yeah, that's the ticket!).

But you were awarded with a medal once or twice in Prophecy, remember?

Yes, but these were part of the plot. Of course, indirectly they were that, too in WC1, but it was still different (and I enjoyed it much in WC1)

In WCP maybe no time to film, but also you go trough the ranks only in the plot, not your kills

Originally posted by Nep Parth
For one thing, Blair, averaging 400 kills a year, had a trunk full of medals. For another, how many medals can you give a guy who's the most decorated pilot in Confed? Really, not too many more.
Hey, it's not like there's a plateau of medals you can reach, and after that, done! No more medals... NO!
I think that even in today's army, you can get as many medals as you want... :cool:

Thing is, as you get medals, you probably also get promotions at the same time, hence you become an officer, start commanding, you get different types of medals and don't wear all of them anyways...

In any case, even though Blair obviously did not wear all his medals (in fact, I don't think he wore ANY medal after WC1: we never see him with any!!), it would have been nice to get them in the later games too...
Just gives ya a small prize when you've been good in a mission, instead of the 90% accomplishment... :)

Back