Get Ready For Episode 3 (January 6, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Standoff's Episode 3 is now less than two days away! The project's progress indicator is completely blue, and their new chapter is now in release candidate status. As the Standoff Team hunts down any remaining bugs, fans have the first part of the weekend to get ready. The Episode 1&2 installer is a 126 meg package available here. If you already have Episode 1, you can get Episode 2 in this separate 67 meg file. Episode 3 should arrive at around 80 megabytes, including almost 500 new lines of spoken dialogue. If the exciting storyline, advanced Vision Engine graphics and popular WC2-Fleet Action setting aren't enough, there will also be an exciting special feature making its debut. In order to take advantage of the surprise as early as possible, try to play through at least Episode 1 prior to Sunday!

Not much time left now. We're still busy as heck testing the game in search of last-minute bugs to kill, but overall, I'd say we're winning this fight. If you're waiting for this one and have some time to spare before the release, I'd suggest getting some practice in the sim. You might find it more useful than you can imagine.

--
Original update published on January 6, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that they're producing this series, but did anyone else get the feeling while they were playing the first two episodes that their gunfire was traveling really slow? When I fired at the enemy, even if the angle was right, I felt like they could fly circles around me before the shots got to where they were going. The fighters seemed pretty slow too. Was everything really that slow back in WC2? Starlancer had things going much faster.

Bearcat said:
Was everything really that slow back in WC2? Starlancer had things going much faster.
My apples are far superior to your oranges!
I found the speeds and guns needed a little getting used to, nothing more. Only real quipe about the guns is the convergence range for the Gladius's lasers, crossing over a further distances.
Still, can't wait till Episode 3 comes out :)

How odd, WCP (which is the only possible cause for this 'slowness') always felt really fast to me, compared to the other games. WC2 certainly was really fast in the sense that you could hit the afterburners and crash into something two seconds later, but I don't recall the bullets being especially fast.

In any case, doesn't matter, my memory usually fools me anyway ;). The point is, Standoff is neither slower nor faster than WCP - so if it feels like it's too slow (or too fast :p), we can't help it, it's just how the engine works.

Congratulations, Eder and team. You have created a whole new breed of junkie! :) Although I will say, I understand the enthusiasm (I feel it myself).

Good things come to those who wait. It's still Saturday in Eder's home in Brazil (as of this posting). They have all day Sunday to post it, but I am with you. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later (no pressure, though. I'm just glad it's coming out.)

Dishwasher said:
It's 2:52AM GMT+1 In holland now......
WHERE IS IT I NEED IT they are 3 hours late
You know, usually we don't release until it's almost midnight in Hawaii :D.

Seriously, though... probably not more than two or three hours now.

Hey Dishwasher, thats the same thing I wanted to post at 1:34AM :D We just can't wait for it :D Gotta go and do some practice creating kitty litter :D

Chris is just putting the finishing touches on the CIC news updates and on our super secret special feature... so it won't be long now. :)

That was quite a frantic three or four hours there. Kind of like a pre-Birthday party thing with people dropping in and asking when we'd be getting started. I think I might be too tired to actually play now.

Back