Game just not loading help me

DbTKenny

Spaceman
Hi all I hope some can help me I download wing commander secret ops but just cannot get it to run on my pc. I have set compatibility mode and is has not helped the game the game launcher opens I hit play then I just end back at the desktop and I get no error message at all, and no process running. I tried user software for the video and had no luck. I have run an full AV and Spy scan no found nothing.

I have a P4 3 gig
1 gig ram
gefore 6800 ultra driver 77.77 to days ones
soundblaster audigy 2 sound card newest drivers as well.
Windows XP home sp2 and fully updated

Do you have the Standoff files in the exact same directory as your Secret Ops stuff? Otherwise, nothing will happen. If you've already been playing secret ops, I suggest a clean install of Secret Ops in a new folder and then put Standoff there. Also be sure that your Video card supports Direct 3d, because Standoff (and Secret Ops for that matter) will not work in Glide mode when running in Windows XP.

Be sure to apply the compatibility setting the the actual game EXE and not only to lauchner.exe

I worked it out, it is spyware doctor it is stoping it from loading. I truned off and bam the game load fine. odd but true

Back