game\cdlayout.iff missing in compatibility mode!?

U

Unregistered

well, it already worked without compatibility mode in win2k, but the second mission started only once, since then i can´t play it anymore... the beginning was great, since i didn´t know about righteous fire until 2 weeks ago and started playing privateer again then before i started the mission pack. i finished it yesterday and now i´ve found out u released a wcso mod in genimi sector 3 days ago... looks like i´m very lucky... if i just could get it to work again...

Have you tried all the other Win 2K tips people have posted here? Try this link:
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=16177

You might have been lucky and gotten it to work without doing any of this, but in that case, it probably wasn't gonna be reliable anyway... it might just stop working for no reason, from what I hear of Win 2K reports.

Also, that file is certainly not missing... it's packaged inside stan__e1.tre and it can't have simply been deleted by accident or anything like that (assuming you didn't tamper with the .tre file).

if i had deleted anything i think i would have said it :p
now it works without compatibility mode, it sometimes crashes, so i´ve gotta fly every mission 3-4 times, but it´s ok at the moment. it doesn´t crash at all if i deactivate all the in game videos, but then i don´t know what i´m doing :p

It's fun but sooooow hard

Hi first of all it's a great mod.. the wing commander feel is superb buttuh... it's sow ffn hard!!!!! I was thinking jeez i'm really getting shot up perhaps I should scale down the difficulty when I noticed that it was already down to veteran. I finished wc III, IV and prophecy on ace level, but can't seem to pass the mining base mission on
rookie!!!!! It's like the fighters your flying are made from paper towels :s they get shot up from one direct "laser" hit :).. Perhaps you could think about scaling down the difficulty a bit so that rookie level is playable for a bigger audiance and ace level is frecking hard :). Other wise it's REALLY a great mod great sound talking heads cat's just brilliant.

I hope you appreciate my little critisism

Great Work!!!!!

Cees

The overall difficulty is in the level we intended it to be (harder than other WC games, something aimed more towards the die-hard fan)... most people can definitely beat most missions on rookie level, if they just accept the fact that they will have to be a lot more avoidant of enemy fire than the crazy "go in, guns blazing" approach that WCP and SO had.

The Base Assault mission however, can feel a bit unbalanced, I agree with you there. It gets really hard if you are low on wingmen... BUT it can also be pretty easy when you have a full wing and try some different tactics. For the record, the Militia reinforcements were something we added about one week before the release to help players who get to that mission with too few ships... the mission wasn't even intended to have that. :p

And my computer fried, so I couldn't record that "Ah, good, the Militia are here to help" line. Did that make it into the game with someone else? I still can't run the game.

FINALLY... At least ONE persone that thinks that the game is too hard. I was starting to feel lonely with that opinion. It was about the first comment that I gave to the team after reporting the first batch of errors. The game was a bit harder at that time as the Talons had been more nimble, but I still consider it mostly harder then UE. Once you get used to the new situation regarding gun speed, ship armor, ... it gets a lot easier. There are still some missions that are nging for me as well however. The pirate base is one of them. The second one is a 6 point nav patrol in the loosing path. Try to win that one. Just survival is challenging enough. Not loosing due to lack of ships is almost impossible (I only played on Ace so far BTW).

overmortal said:
And my computer fried, so I couldn't record that "Ah, good, the Militia are here to help" line. Did that make it into the game with someone else?
I think we left it out altogether.

Back