Game Audio Player

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
Hi guys,

I recently got the Game Audio Player. It appears to extract WC4 and WCP music just fine, but it extracts WC3 Kilrathi Saga music that can't be played by Goldwave, Winamp, or Windows Media Player.

Is there anyone who has been successful in extracting KS WC3 music? Or is an appropriate codec needed to decode the format is still out there...?

The WC3 files have been extracted to MIDI already and are around somewhere to download, you'll prolly find em if you look in google.

When I opened WC3MUSIC.TRE with the GAP, I saw a bunch of wave files in there. I was able to extract them, but hadn't been able to play them.

wc3 ks is fully digitized, just play both games and you'll instantly be able to tell the difference, wc3 dos sounds like crap, KS sounds awesome.

Hmmmm......

Unknown bitrate or partially compressed. Game Audio Player can't play it, but somehow the WC3 KS game found a way to play it... this is puzzling...

Puzzling indeed. I used to wonder why I couldn't read some of the speech from WC2 - turns out the DOS version leaves some of the SO1 speech compressed. KS has completely uncompressed speech.

Originally posted by psych
Hmmmm......

Unknown bitrate or partially compressed. Game Audio Player can't play it, but somehow the WC3 KS game found a way to play it... this is puzzling...

It happened with Xanmovie.. Before there were WC4 movie players.. you had to extract WC4 movies, which could then only be played with the Xanmovie codec found with KS and one of the crusader games. Hell.. maybe the audio is encoded with Xanmovie too..

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
LOL ? Why ? Who is that guy ? From #wingnut ? :)

He goes back further than #Wingnut (which itself goes back to July 23, 1997).

Originally posted by Darkmage
wc3 ks is fully digitized, just play both games and you'll instantly be able to tell the difference, wc3 dos sounds like crap, KS sounds awesome.

First, WC3 dos doesn't sound like crap if you've got the right MIDI hardware (i.e. Roland Sound Canvas).

Second, I don't know how big the music .tre files are, but if they're not too big, maybe you could send me one of those files, and I'll see what I can do with it.

Back