Game 4: Comment Thread

Ironduke

Spaceman
You're on! Happy hunting, and post all your comments/comm chatter in this thread. Note that the Kilrathi are elite pilots, meaning they receive a bonus of +2 to all their rolls. (If Avacar attacked Humungus, he'd have to roll a 10+ instead of a 8+. If Humungus attacked Avacar, he'd have to roll a 6+ instead of a 8+).
So better don't mess with the Drakhai! :p

Okay, because SOMEONE has to say it:

"YOU CAN NOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI!"

After a while, that one REALLY got old during the Special Operations games... The voice actor did this perfectly piercing shriek.

It's FFA, right. No teams. It's eye for an eye. ;)
And yes, I always think of that comm line when I hear or read something about the Drakhai. :p

I'd love to play in one of these games, but I just haven't had the time to read the rules yet.

Well, you should at least understand the basic movement and gunnery rules. For everything else, I'm still here to help new players out - and there are even enough other players who know the rules (sometimes better than me, he he). If you really want to play, I'd suggest you read through the first few pages of the manual and just give it a try in the next team-based game. ;)

I'll start reading the rules as soon as I can! :)

Didn't you say in another thread there's a new version of the rules on it's way though? Should i wait for that one?

The basic rules won't be touched by the new version, but there'll be some clarifications and changes in the advanced rules section. So you can grab v0.14 meanwhile and read up on v0.15 later - whenever I'll release it. (Probably not before the end of May anyway.)

One more mistake on my behalf - I'm feeling old right now... Guilherme wasn't able to shoot at Humungus, opportunity fire or not, since particle cannons have a range of only 4 hexes. :rolleyes:
And what's even worse: Guilherme had to point it out to me. :eek: ;)

Wow...what an impressive game... you guys have terrified the asteroids!

Ironduke...wouldn't it be wild if stray shots could hit large asteroids and split them into small asteroids? ~~~

Ironduke...wouldn't it be wild if stray shots could hit large asteroids and split them into small asteroids? ~~~
I would lie if I said I didn't think about it myself. In the original concept I had for asteroid fields, each asteroid marker was a single rock of a fixed size. You could fire at them, and depending on the damage you inflicted, the asteroid would either break apart or vanish completely. It's still a nice idea, but a logistical nightmare for a tabletop game that's supposed to play quickly. ;)

Indeed..that's why I mention the idea jokingly.

"Hey Ironduke! Why don't you track each mass driver projectile individually as it goes ballistic and see if it has a chance of hitting a fighter 50000 hexes away!!!" :p

Think about it: I could even simulate if a fighter pilot has to vomit while pulling an Immelman. Or if a Kilrathi has to cough up a hairball during his strafing run on a Terran destroyer. :p

I would lie if I said I didn't think about it myself. In the original concept I had for asteroid fields, each asteroid marker was a single rock of a fixed size. You could fire at them, and depending on the damage you inflicted, the asteroid would either break apart or vanish completely. It's still a nice idea, but a logistical nightmare for a tabletop game that's supposed to play quickly. ;)

Maybe for the Severely Optional Rules? :) (Or, in old grognard thoughts, the kind of rules that popped up in the zine a few months after the game came out...)

Oops!

Normally I'd cheer for the imminent victory of the fine Kilrathi warrior but remembering your untimely demise in the destroyer battle, I wish you some more turns in this game...before being destroyed by a fine Kilrathi warrior. :p

Back