FYI: SB Audigy and WCP works.

Johnl12

Repairman
I just install the new SB Audigy Platinum card and the WCP movies play smoothly. You still need to disable sound acceleration but it does work. :D

I don't understand why you had to post that... You're telling us that a piece of hardware is working the way hardware tends to work with Prophecy?

TC

Well, considering Creative Labs' track record, it's not that useless a post to make.
This, on the other hand, was. :rolleyes:

I think is a good post, since SB live didn't work well on WCP (even with hardwarea aceleration disable) is goot o kno wthat it work fine

That's why I posted it. The sblive card with LiveWire 3 could not play WCP. Lousy drivers. Not knowing if or when CL will release LW4 I just wanted to share this with other sblive users. In theory these new drivers (Creative Ware) should work with sblive cards. On CL newgroup some users have try the Audigy drivers with sblive cards and posted favorable results.

I really like the remote control feature which was the main reason I wanted to buy it. There was some installation problems. I think LW3 and CW software were conflicting with each other. To resolve this I decide to format and re-install my PC.

I am in no way endorsing CL Audigy over other sound cards. I just to let my fellow sblive card users know that WCP will work with it. :)

Back