Freelancer experiences

Wulf

Vice Admiral
Freelancer experiences (Possible SPOILERS)

Post your anecdotes here! Anything you found interesting, funny, revelations, etc., please share it.

I'll start. I've already posted about a convoy that got too close to Planet Manhattan:D , but I found some cool stuff explorin' today. It started when I was at West Point, knocking back a few drinks with Pam, when she said something about a lost Liberty Navy patrol, which Norfolk hadn't heard back from for quite some time. She loaded the coordinates of their last known position, for some coin of course, and I set off to Sector 6E. I had to make my way past some Rogues, but as I got nearer to the lost ships, it got hairy real quick. Not only was the area infested with pirates, it was full of radiation that deteriorated the hull! Most of the pirates backed off, but still some kept a'comin'! As I finished some of them, I found the ships I was looking for. No escape pods or life signs, however, and only their weapons were salvagable. (But their is a point, monsieur, oui?...I was gettin' ta that, lass!) I looked at the patrol paths of the Rogues, and found that some of them converged to a point in this area. Sure enough, I had discovered another pirate base, and a jump hole too!! I couldn't linger much longer; the enemies were like locusts, and I was nearing my last nanobot. I took it to 'em to avenge Patrol 27, and the Badlands were spattered with pirate blood when I was through. When I made a hole, I punched it and ran like a bat outta Hell to Ithaca. I swear that the base's whole damn complement was after me, but I made it to a trade ring, and left them all behind. If your looking for some serious action, head to Sectors 6E and 7F to see it for yourself!;)

When I first played back in... December?... I got stuck inside bases... twice. I flew up to West Point, waited for a freighter to dock and then flew into the bay immediately after it. The bay closed around me and the freighter vanished. I shot the walls for abount twenty minutes, doing nothing -- but making the military fighters outside very angry at me.

There is another base but I won't spoil it for you. Also, patrol around the badlands to find other ships. There is a derelict rogue ship with enough drugs to instantly end the demo.

Back