Freddie Prinze Jr. drops a "Kilrathi knowledge bomb"

I totally agree, and Disney+ is certainly much more how TV is going to work going forward than trying to sell Star Wars on a broadcast network. (I should stress also that I flipping love Star Wars in all of these incarnations... I tune in for Resistance just as eagerly as anything else!)

Similar to the levels, that's how they initially presented the idea... but also like the levels it's not actually how it ever worked. The directors of the big projects have the ultimate say over anything the same way George did and none of them care that an RPG manual six years earlier mentioned that Luke Skywalker can't swim.

The biggest problem with the EU today is honestly that it doesn't have that variance... back in the day it ran from amazing and special to... Kevin J Anderson... and on the whole that was a great experience even when it was trash. Now it's all squarely in the middle, pretty much perfectly fine all around but rarely doing anything exceptional. I suspect that has a lot more to do with the need to work around the new movies than anything else, though, so hopefully we'll get some more exciting side stories after Episode IX.
resistance didnt capture me like clone wars or rebels did.

Let me ask you this though about canon. Do you think we are moving into an era where canon really matters. this last yr I feel like disney/lucasfilm has really upped their game with tying all things together. Between the shows, movie, comics, books and videogames more and more things are being tied together. Nothing earth shattering but it has been way better this yr than in the past, do yall think we are moving in that direction as a whole.

the two things I have loved so far is in mando episode 3
when mando is asking about the empires presence in the galaxy still and his boss says the empire is gone and these are warlords but if the mando wants to travel to the core worlds and report them go right ahead, and the mando just laughs and says whats the point they can barely keep themselves together.
I think this is great world building towards the sequel and how the new republic let the first order rise.

The other thing I love is in jedi fallen order the game
You have to go to Illum to build your lightsaber from they crystals there and you realize that the empire is mining the planet and it becomes star killer base
both these things are small things but huge world/lore builders.

I have actually liked a lot of the new canon, the aftermath series started out bad but the last two books were good, I absolutely loved bloodlines, and lost stars, I have also liked a lot of the comics and cant wait for this...

clean.jpg

Last edited:
This is a new marketing angle:
Porsche and Star Wars designers create a new spaceship for the movie!
or
What happens when you blend X, Y, and U wings with the Porsche Taycan?

this might be the best marketing for any of the sequel movies
I really don't know about that. It seems iffy at best. There comes a point when you're showing too much. When the first trailer revealed the Emperor's voice, everyone was like, "Whoa... man, I gotta see this!" But the reason people want to see it, is because they don't get what's going on, how it is possible the Emperor is back, and what his role is. This final trailer, coming a week ahead of the film, is definitely too much. I'm sure there's no spoilers in it as such, but it's undercutting the emotional impact.

It also reeks of desperation. It's the final episode. Has Star Wars fallen so low, it needs this final punch to get the audiences into cinemas?

A bit off topic but for the first time in my life, I probably won't be going to see a newly released Star Wars.

I've no doubt Disney will make another SW trilogy over the next decade, all with different directors pulling the franchise in different directions, more characters I feel no connection to but enough plot repetition tropes from the originals to try and keep older fans on board.

Unlike many I was fine with the prequels, but for me, it should have stopped there. Star Wars will now become a never ending series of trilogies, with each movie another nail in the coffin of what was once a successful, endearing and lovable space opera.

How sad.

Let me ask you this though about canon. Do you think we are moving into an era where canon really matters. this last yr I feel like disney/lucasfilm has really upped their game with tying all things together. Between the shows, movie, comics, books and videogames more and more things are being tied together. Nothing earth shattering but it has been way better this yr than in the past, do yall think we are moving in that direction as a whole.

I think we're transitioning to a point where it will matter less which will make the tie-in stories more interesting. The chilling factor the past few years has been that the comics/novels/games/etc. have to be careful to avoid stepping on the toes of films that didn't exist yet... which is a hell of a challenge for someone plotting a story and which resulted in a lot of kinda dull stories. Now that the sequel trilogy is done they'll let writers go back and fill in all the empty space and that'll make for some more compelling tie-in fiction.

I think we're transitioning to a point where it will matter less which will make the tie-in stories more interesting. The chilling factor the past few years has been that the comics/novels/games/etc. have to be careful to avoid stepping on the toes of films that didn't exist yet... which is a hell of a challenge for someone plotting a story and which resulted in a lot of kinda dull stories. Now that the sequel trilogy is done they'll let writers go back and fill in all the empty space and that'll make for some more compelling tie-in fiction.
True but even this yr how they told us where star killer base came from in a videogame and the mandalorian setting up the sequel trilogy in a lot of meaningful ways has been cool.

From an interview with Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy, After ‘Rise of Skywalker’ and Baby Yoda, Kathleen Kennedy’s plan for ‘Star Wars’ and beyond

"The pressure to deliver for fans with the first “Star Wars” film under Disney was immense. Lucas, who was stung by the poor reception of his “Star Wars” prequels, was disappointed when Kennedy screened “The Force Awakens” for him. He complained there was “nothing new” in the movie, according to Iger’s recent book “The Ride of a Lifetime.” Nonetheless, the film was a critical and commercial success, grossing more than $2 billion.​
Debates over the franchise persisted. “The Last Jedi,” for example, was criticized in some circles for going too far in subverting “Star Wars” tropes.​
Kennedy says the company heeds feedback from “Star Wars” fans. For example, Lucasfilm decided to revive “The Clone Wars” TV series for Disney+ following a prolonged campaign by viewers.​
“It does matter what they say and what they care about,” Kennedy said. “All of those things play a role in our decision making.”​
Aside from films, Lucasfilm has ample “Star Wars” material in the works, especially for Disney+. The studio is working on shows starring Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Diego Luna as his rebel spy character from “Rogue One.”​
Additionally, the company is experimenting with new formats. Lucasfilm’s ILMxLab, a virtual reality and augmented reality unit founded in 2015, this year released a VR series called “Vader Immortal” that puts users face-to-face with Darth Vader and trains headset users to wield a lightsaber."​

It seems like a tough line to walk and hard to keep people happy

Here's a trailer for Vader immortal

Last edited:
Back