Found old Wing Commander Manuals and Guides

Antman

Spaceman
I found the following manuals and guides when going thru my old manuals and guides bookcase (among other things):

Claw Marks (WC1 Special Edition)
WC2 Manual
WCIV Big Manual
WCIV Little Guide
Wing Commander I&II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide

I am still searching for the following in my house:

Super Wing Commander Manual (not hopeful)
Wing Commander 3 Manual (I think when my basement flooded it got thrown out, not sure, poor Victory Streak.)
Acadamy Manual (not hopeful)
Armada Manual
Privateer I Manual (not hopeful)
Privateer II Manual (Although I have original CDs and case, I have no idea where the manual is.)
Prophecy Manual
Prophecy Gold Manual

Reading from the strategy guide, it was quite obvious that by WC1, Roberts knew WC3 would be basically a movie.

Also, it is interesting to note that the Wing Commander 2 models were done in 3d, and then exported as 2d sprites.

Now, for those people making the mods for Freespace, etc, if you could get your hands on the models they used for this... they are VERY high detail.

Reading from the strategy guide, it was quite obvious that by WC1, Roberts knew WC3 would be basically a movie.

Well... it's a "Wing Commander I & II" guide - the interview with Chris was done when WC2 was done. Which is a fairly logical point in time to know what's planned for WC3. :)

And some WC2 boxes have this nice shiny gold sticker on them that read "The Most Complete Interactive Movie Ever."

I really like to have an ICIS manual.
My copy of WCP (from the Ultimate Sci-Fi Series) never included one.

In Claw Marks, they said that Confed made contact with an insect-like race, that they codenamed 'Double-Helix', based on their ships. Did they ever use them in-game?

And in the Secret Ops fiction. There's a good thread that discusses what we know about them - search for 'Double Helix', I believe.

We discussed how they were discovered, and that, by the time of WCP/SO, meeting up with a Double-Helix spacecraft wasn't uncommon.

Antman said:
Now, for those people making the mods for Freespace, etc, if you could get your hands on the models they used for this... they are VERY high detail.

Yeah, you can occasionally find the odd Captain posting a shot or two..

But the models, that would be tricky.

If they still have them. Of course they could be very useful for making remakes of the classics.

Back