Flight History Zapped!

Sphynx

Commodore
First, bravo! It looks absolutely beautiful and plays even better. I am increasingly impressed with each release.

I only have one small snag: installing episode 4 seems to have zapped my flight history. Many entries are missing, and those that are there are out of their proper order. Is there any way I can fix this?

I don't think any of the entries would be missing - but they certainly are out of order (...and that's probably why some seem to be missing). It's something we can't really fix at this stage - for some reason, while WCP originally read the mission save files in the correct numeric order, these days it reads them in alphabetical order (meaning that 10 comes before 2, just like "az" would come before "b"). The only way we could fix this would be to renumber all the missions... but that would destroy everyone's saves, so we won't do this until after episode 5 is released and everyone's had a chance to play from start to end.

Yeah, the out-of-order mission log was introduced with Secret Ops. No idea why.

What I want to know is why some entries in the mission log are still greyed (with no mission score) even though I've completed them. I'm not sure, but I think the greyed entries may correspond with missions with multiple ship options (Rapier, Sabre, Crossbow, etc).

Thanks. I'll double check to see if they really are all there. I can live with that bug for now. :)

What I want to know is why some entries in the mission log are still greyed (with no mission score) even though I've completed them. I'm not sure, but I think the greyed entries may correspond with missions with multiple ship options (Rapier, Sabre, Crossbow, etc).

Its a know problem. They way the ship selection is hacked into the game results in the game believing that the mission wasn't ended properly.

Yep. In order to have the ship selection happen *after* the briefing, we need two mission files... Only one of them shows up (greyed out) in the history, and this is also the reason why some missions lack debriefings.

Back