Flight Cmdr Patch released

Guess what?

My mouse was off. Well I wanted to try and see what would happen if I turned the mouse on. My joystick now works in FC, mouse doesn't. In fact the only thing it did was move the crosshair cursor across the hud. Crazy!!

Do you have any special mouse drivers/apps loaded?

Its so nice with the mouse, no need for that annoying joystick.

Yeah, I think if you have a joystick plugged in it will override the mouse. Just unplug the joystick if you want to use the mouse.

The game clearly has some issues with recongizing the joystick. I have to and fly with the mouse setting one way, then esc. and toggle the mouse again and it plays fine. For some reason it doesn't seem like I have to do this everytime but it seems it doesn't matter whether mouse is set to on or off as far as the joystick working or not.

Actually, the temporary solution to the joystick issue is to just fly once (which will have the game not recognizing the joystick) and then press esc to exit that mission. Then every subsequent flight will have joystick control recognized (at least until you exit the game). A small inconvenience.

Hey eddie, are "mesh.bin"s unique to FC or are they something more generic? I am asking because I wonder if there might be a convertor online that could convert an object with multiple textures.

Yes, they're something I made up myself. They're not perfect, but seem to load a bit faster than the text files do. Just convert to .objs.

Back