Fic idea

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
I have recently read through the book Real Team, where the real life inspirations for the characters in the Rogue Warrior books, such as Albert Trembly (Doc Trembly) and Steve Hartman (Stevie Wonder) tell their own story. I had an idea about writing a story where either the Tiger's Claw pilots or the inspirations for the Tiger's Claw pilots (say, Marcus Taggert being the real life Paladin) tell their own story, as the games have been predominently told from the main character's point of view. What do you think?

So which should I do, you think? Use the real characters, or treat the characters as fictional and have the story told from the views of the pilots who inspired the characters?

I have another idea for a fic. A few of the characters (anyone) are approached by Hollywood to do a movie about the Kilrathi war and the Confederation, and Hollywood totally butchers it. What do you think?

Oh yeah, they really did do that. :p It occured to me in passing that some people would think I was sending up the movie, but I actually got the idea from the X Files episode Hollywood AD. I thought it would be an oppotunity to poke some light hearted fun at both Hollywood and Wing Commander.

I wasn't referring to the Wing Commander movie, actually. I was talking about First to Kilrah, the holo movie made after Bear's raid on Kilrah. As you might recall, it was also horribly inaccurate.

Back