Few questions about rules

Humungus

Spaceman
1)Chaff Pods - Now there's a -1 penalty for chaff success if the missile is coming from a side arc. But is there a penalty if it's coming from the area where the side/rear arcs overlap (dark orange are in Firing Guns)?

2)Are there two "dodge" roll if a ship remains in asteroids at the end of turn (does it roll both in the movement phase of the turn it ends there and in the following turn?)

3)Another question about asteroids: does a capship stop right before the asteroids even if it's speed is far greater than it's acceleration (e.g. Gilgamesh at full speed = 3 , accel = 1/2)?

4)What exactly happens on Immelman failure? Normal turning after a half of movement points by full turn rate (maybe even the 180°?) or a turn while staying in place (meaning that if the ship has a Turn Rate of 3, success and failure would be the same)?

Excuse me if any of the questions sounds strange, I hope you'll understand them:)

And I will gladly volunteer for any play-testing (of the game ofc;) )

From experience of Scenario 1, immelman failure means normal turning after half movmeent points. And if you're really lucky, they'll fly right into a flak field, and die.

For the rest, you'll have to wait on Ironduke.

1)Chaff Pods - Now there's a -1 penalty for chaff success if the missile is coming from a side arc. But is there a penalty if it's coming from the area where the side/rear arcs overlap (dark orange are in Firing Guns)?
Yes, it's the exact same penalty (-1). The side arcs cover both yellow and dark orange hexes, but you're right in so far as I have to clarify this in the manual's next version!

2)Are there two "dodge" roll if a ship remains in asteroids at the end of turn (does it roll both in the movement phase of the turn it ends there and in the following turn?)
No, asteroids are just affecting a ship's Movement Phase, not the turn's End Phase. I made this section clearer in v0.15 thanks to your question. :) (Changed the word "turn" for the word "movement.")

3)Another question about asteroids: does a capship stop right before the asteroids even if it's speed is far greater than it's acceleration (e.g. Gilgamesh at full speed = 3 , accel = 1/2)?
Actually it just stops as it is right now, but in v0.15, capships will take damage to their hull if they are forced to stop in front of an asteroid field.

4)What exactly happens on Immelman failure? Normal turning after a half of movement points by full turn rate (maybe even the 180°?) or a turn while staying in place (meaning that if the ship has a Turn Rate of 3, success and failure would be the same)?
Avacar already answered this question, so I'll just skip this one. Your first assumption was right (normal turning after half movement). :)

Excuse me if any of the questions sounds strange, I hope you'll understand them:)
No problem, I understood them perfectly - and thanks for asking them!

And I will gladly volunteer for any play-testing (of the game ofc;) )
Sounds good! I'll host a new game as soon as Game 3 is finished. Maybe a little earlier if my spare time allows... ;)

No, asteroids are just affecting a ship's Movement Phase, not the turn's End Phase. I made this section clearer in v0.15 thanks to your question. (Changed the word "turn" for the word "movement.")

I'm talking about the part: "Whenever a ship starts from, flies through or ends its turn (now probably movement) in a hex with an asteroid marker on it...

First turn: It ends its movement on the hex so it should roll. Next turn: It starts its movement from there, so should it roll again?
And I guess that if you evade a missile with the afterburners and fly into the asteroids you roll (and almost surely get smashed) too, right?

I'm talking about the part: "Whenever a ship starts from, flies through or ends its turn (now probably movement) in a hex with an asteroid marker on it...

First turn: It ends its movement on the hex so it should roll. Next turn: It starts its movement from there, so should it roll again?
Ah, I see... Yes, if you start your Movement Phase in an asteroid hex, you have to check for collisions. If you end your movement in another asteroid hex, you have to check again. And you have to check a third time in the following Movement Phase. (That's because an asteroid marker isn't considered a single asteroid, but a whole cluster of asteroids.)

And I guess that if you evade a missile with the afterburners and fly into the asteroids you roll (and almost surely get smashed) too, right?
That's correct, WCTO's asteroids are extremely dangerous at high speeds. Only experienced and skilled pilots should resort to afterburning through them, and even then it's risky. (For example, an elite pilot in a Rapier II would still have to roll an 8+ to successfully dodge an asteroid field at full afterburner speed of 13.)

(For example, an elite pilot in a Rapier II would still have to roll an 8+ to successfully dodge an asteroid field at full afterburner speed of 13.)
3(base)+13(speed)-2(l33t skill)-3(turn rate)=11, doesn't it? = almost impossible (just a check)

Back