FC mission contest

Iceblade

Admiral
FC mission contest??

I was thinking about the possibility of holding an FC mission contest. It would be open to the general community and it could be only one mission (or small set considering the size missions tend to be) and those interested would have a set amount of time to complete it (ie missions must be released/sent in to the CIC by a certain date). Then there would be a community poll on the best. Also some rules would be placed on the mission (or perhaps short set of missions) like limits on complexity or a set theme.

Mainly this would help build a little more interest in FC. So first off I want to know whether even the current FC modders would be interested in spending a little time to build a mission for the contest (perhaps as a change of pace from their current campaigns). Then again, this may should probably wait until turrets can at least function or there is better fighter AI.

Any thoughts or is this an idea that doesn't really work for the Wing Commander series?

PS: This idea was inspired by the Thief fan community's FM contests.

Its a good idea in my opinion ... but u cant tell a nice story within 1 Mission ... there should be at least a maximum of 3 Missions in the Campaigne

Its a good idea in my opinion ... but u cant tell a nice story within 1 Mission ... there should be at least a maximum of 3 Missions in the Campaigne

Considering it's a mission contest I don't think it should be as much about telling a story as making a smooth, fun, and playable single mission. :)

Anyway, it sounds like a great idea!

I'm sure I could pump out a mission in the next four weeks. :D I'm been looking into making a few mini-games.

Since there was so much positive feedback, I'll get things rolling.

[Rules]
How about this...a mini-campaign with a max of 4 missions though it could be as small as a single mission like a simulator mission.

New ships, new textures, voiceovers, fiction, campaign files, new videos (though it is doubtful that you can get any new videos in such a short time); the only cheviot is that the mission package must include everything needed to run on the 1.5 FC build and the missions need to be able to play on the FC 1.5 build.

The build time is for 5 weeks (35 days) starting from a date TBA. All missions will be summited to the CIC upon a submission date TBA. Links will then be posted by the CIC in a voting thread.

You will have free-reign on what you want to do for the mission. [/rules]

Any issues or suggestions concerning these rules?

Wow, that was fast. Alright the contest is on.

[Rules]
Create a single mission or mini-campaign (4 mission maximum) and there are no limits on the mission's theme.

New ships, new textures, new videos are allowed along with any voiceovers, fiction, graphics, and campaign files. The only real rule here is that you must provide everything needed for the mission to be played on the current 1.5 Flight commander install. Also it would be best if the mission was a campaign even if it is just one mission. Sim missions are allowed, though.

All entries must be emailed to Eddie [Email: eddie_g_b at yahoo] before 11:59 pm PST Sunday July 20. Eddie will then upload all of the missions and post a poll in this forum for voting.
[/Rules]

An additional two week extensive will be allowed, but only if needed.

I told myself it was going to do this today... but didn't.

Ah, the annoyance of starting a mission.

Due to the delay in the larger announcement, the deadline will be July 27 with the possibility of a 2 week extension.

furryshell.jpg

Mines finished. Damn thing was a pain to beta test. Kept getting marked as a traitor, but it's classic Flight Commander action.

Anyway, the ending isn't as I'd hoped, and I couldn't get the mission results or briefing to appear, but its playable (crashable?).

Na, the more time I spend on it the easier I make it. I originally had the first NAV super hard, but made it easy after having to play through it so many times... just to test the second!

I'm happy with it, but I think I made it much easier in recent days. Halved the enemy ship number (it was meant to be epic), took out the waves, made the objectives easier, and made it so the wingmen get attacked first.

What do I do with it? Email? Online storage?

Back