Fatal Error by Standoff

U

Unregistered

I have a Problem by running Standoff.
When i try to start the game i received the Error Message "GL_d3d_5::createZBuffer attach failed 87"

Could someone out there help me?Please

Greetings

Mav

I had the same problem. That was the error I got running in 32-bit mode, but when I switched to 16-bit, it wasn't a problem anymore. I can't give you specifics as to why that error occurs as I don't know (but I'm not exactly an expert either), but that should fix it if you were running in 32-bit mode. Hope that helps.

I ran into this problem as well, if you're using ATI drivers, try updating them. Fixed it for me... i prefer the omega drivers myself.

I believe the problem is most common for Radeon users, including myself. What are the Omega drivers?

A set of alternate drivers developed by some guy based on the latest reference drivers by ATI/nVidia. I used them in my previous nVidia card and they helped performance noticeably (there's both "Quality" and "Performance" versions, I believe). I stopped using them since he doesn't make Win9x versions anymore.

You can find them at http://www.omegadrivers.net/ but of course, try at your own risk and all that.

I had a look around - there doesn't seem to be any significant benefit to using them except for people who really want to tweak things. I can believe the point about the official drivers being tailored for synthetic benchmarking programs, though.

Back