Fan Projects...

Wulf

Vice Admiral
Any of the ones on CIC Information Center available for download? I would really like to have the Unknown Enemy add-on! Also, any info on how to install them would be helpful. I may know how to do that already, but hey, I would rather be sure than unprepared.

UE isnt done yet, but is fairly close ;)

Just go to the projects page, some of them have already some files available. UE has a few ships for download

Wc Marines isn't too...
Yeah, i know you prefer Unknown enemy, but pleezee don't let us down! Support even us!
BTW there's a new update on our site...Check it out!
And want to know some more...We're thinking of a multiplayer relase!!!! think about it squad of marines against squad of kilrathi....All played by humans!

it's cool!

Hey, I'm for that 2! I would like nothing more than 2 show some Cats a few human martial arts moves in hand-to-hand!

I know we've discussed this before, but I think it'd be more like hand-to-claw, and a claw is a bit more devastating than a hand, I think, assuming opponents of equal skill. Just blast them, I say. ;)

hmmm...

Well, the Kilrathi and I have something in common...we appreciate the amount of skill involved to kill w/ bare hands or claws. Also, I believe that someone trained not be intimidated by the appearance of an enemy, as in any martial art, can take down any being with knowledge of anatomy and proper technique. For example, gung-fu has 18 principles called 'Hungar' which are fighting styles of animals; in this situation, use the counter-technique to the tiger style, which is usually the snake or monkey.:)

Originally posted by Wedge009
I know we've discussed this before, but I think it'd be more like hand-to-claw, and a claw is a bit more devastating than a hand, I think, assuming opponents of equal skill. Just blast them, I say. ;)

well, you could just use a batleth!

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by Wulf
Well, the Kilrathi and I have something in common...we appreciate the amount of skill involved to kill w/ bare hands or claws. Also, I believe that someone trained not be intimidated by the appearance of an enemy, as in any martial art, can take down any being with knowledge of anatomy and proper technique. For example, gung-fu has 18 principles called 'Hungar' which are fighting styles of animals; in this situation, use the counter-technique to the tiger style, which is usually the snake or monkey.:)

What the hell is Gung-Fu ???? :)

ok...

gung-fu is the actual name for 'kung-fu', a misconception not known by many (except maybe Chinese!:rolleyes: )

Re: ok...

Originally posted by Wulf
gung-fu is the actual name for 'kung-fu', a misconception not known by many (except maybe Chinese!:rolleyes: )
Well, if the Chinese know, then a great many people know, actually. :D
Ah heck. For me, the only way hand-to-hand combat can end in a way with me still standing, is where the hand part refers to pulling a trigger... :rolleyes:

well, gimme Freddy K's gloves and lemme at 'em! Hehehe, would be fun to hear THEM say "whatever you do... DON'T fall asleep"

No.being,myself, someone who has studied the martial arts,I will tell you that ther comes a point when an enemys size and strength will matter.A human no matter how skilled just does not stand a chance against a 8+ foot tall(who knows how much they weigh)cat with 3inch razor sharp claws,hand to hand training from birth,enough strength to lift 700kg(1543 pounds)overhead,and untold years of adaption.A lion can break a man's back with it's paw,so just imagine what a Kilrathi ,trained in hand to hand, could do!Even with a knife,or staff, human marines are grieviously overmached as the Confed Handbook puts it.It's like saying a nine year old could beat a twenty year old(and I know that no one hear would want to admit that ;) ).Anyways,I'm digressing.Just some words from a former martial arts enthusiust.

Bhaktadil clearly has a point. I remember in my Jr.High days I was picked on my bullies who had started and won many fights, and yet they always had a line never to pick on me so much as to start a fight. Even a geeky passivist who took great lengths to avoid fights could take them down in seconds if he felt overly treated. simply because I was a hell of a lot bigger then them. I'm sure glad the days of Jr.High are long over even if they did have there moments occasionally. Umm speaking of *kung-fu* and the monkey principle, who else thinks it's going to rock to see Iron Monkey on the big screen :) .I wonder if we'll be seeing more of these old kung-fu [ok 93 isn't that old] coming to theaters? Maybe soon HK movies will be somewhat expected and movies such as ashes of time will be released here as well as in asia. It's strange how at the moment both of the films I look forward to seeing in theaters are older, but come on who doesn't want to see the transformers movie on the big screen :D .

*english word. There is never something that's commonly mistaken as a word that isn't infact a word in english, due to the fact it becomes a word if it's commonly used. Hence while I'm well aware of what your talking about Unforgiven, Kung-Fu is still perfectly acceptable and a more commonly recognized word so long as your simply using it as an english word.

Back