Fan Film Follows Fearless Freddie (May 3, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Andromeda Briggs has put together a thoughtful Wing Commander tribute video. His focus is, of course, on Freddie Prinze Jr's role in the WC Movie. A lot of work has clearly gone into this project to tease out more than four minutes of young Blair looking alternately pensive and emotional. I can't say what inspired him to wait until 2016 to put this together, but we thank him for the effort!

--
Original update published on May 3, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I think is kinda sad with the WC movie.
There are obviously great fans of the movie out there who are still enjoying the movie (and its actors) and still making these great tributes like the above clip.
Yet I get the impression that since the movie wasnt a big hit (mildly speaking) the actors isnt really to keen to have anything to do with it anymore, including tributes.
I dont know about Freddie Prince, but I seem to recall Matthew Lillard quoted as not being so keen on the movie in retrospect.
Would love to be proven wrong though.

Freddie seems like a pretty cool guy! He's actually a huge gamer (and streamer) now, and has largely retired to care for his family (he works in LA on occasion, but won't travel for roles.) He's heavily involved in the genre still, too, as he had the exact opposite career as Mark Hamill: started as Colonel Blair and went on to become a Jedi master (voice of Kanan on Rebels.) I've seen him in recent Star Wars interviews praise Chris Roberts and talk about how he'd love to work for him again. He always comes off as a real, approachable person who actually cares about this stuff.

I had a great chat with David Warner at a convention, too - he was very excited someone knew the movie and thought Chris was a real talent (without knowing I worked for him.)

Back