Extended edition on DVD please

S

shaell

Though the film runs close to two hours I'd still like to see more of these characters. They are interesting and well fleshed out by a strong, solid cast. I'd like to see more from Kainan's past. We need more Ron Pearlman too. (When "Gunner" comes on the scene swingin' his hammers, it's just badass.) The Moorwyn is also very cool (the light it emits is aesthetically awesome), but unlike, say, "Alien" or "Predator", the monster is not the star here or even what sells this film. It's Kainan and his story that is most interesting - the whole "stranger in a strange land" theme. I also liked how Wulfrick who at first seems to be an antagonist, develops a friendship with Kainan as the movie progresses. It's just plain good character development. This film is full of great little moments, as well.

An extended edition DVD can only make "Outlander" that much more epic and satisfying. Do it for the fans!

I've read some bad reviews of this film from jaded, pretentious pseudo-critics. Screw all that. It's finding it's audience. It's got a lot of heart and is destined to become a cult classic.

I'd also love to see an extended edition someday. The real obstacles are though at the moment that no real lengthier version exists (other than maybe with things like the Moorwen splash at the end). The makers would need to not only re-edit a lot of sections of the movie, but then finish the effects work in the added scenes and then rework the music, and so on.

It's doable but it will need an investment of sorts of which so far the Weinsteins seem unwilling to do anything, much less actually market the movie.

That said, there's a handful of deleted scenes where the effects were, or nearly are, complete. There was a scene that would have introduced Gunnar earlier on in the film (as well as his family), and the Monster would have had more presence earlier on too.

I'd love to see a more complete version of the film.

Personally they should put the money into the DVD since they released the movie on very few screens and no one has really heard of it. If they can enhance the story/characters with some extra footage that didn't make the movie they should. And make the BR or DVD extras really something to want.

Anyone heard of a DVD/BR release date for the movie?

Personally they should put the money into the DVD since they released the movie on very few screens and no one has really heard of it. If they can enhance the story/characters with some extra footage that didn't make the movie they should. And make the BR or DVD extras really something to want.

Anyone heard of a DVD/BR release date for the movie?

The DVD is comming out May 19th in the US. From what I understand, The blu-ray should be coming out the same day but I haven't confirmed it. There will be deleted scenes on the disk, but not an extended version.

To go back and complete all the scenes that were shot and recut the film the way it was intended and to redo the orchestral cues, howard estimates it would cost between one and five million. It would be in the upper range of that if they were to get everyone together to shoot the scene of Kainan and the ship captain fighting the moorwen on the ship before it crashes - it's the one scene Howard wanted that didn't get shot. Unless Howard gets a miraculous flow of cash then it's not likely we'll see that happen for a while to come. He's definitely interested in doing it though.

The DVD is comming out May 19th in the US. From what I understand, The blu-ray should be coming out the same day but I haven't confirmed it. There will be deleted scenes on the disk, but not an extended version.

Thanks AD for the info. I'll probably pick this up on BR. Damn that sounds like a scene that should have setup the movie. I haven't seen the movie yet but maybe that was a good thing at first to setup the anticipation of the first look of the creature. It is a shame that Outlander didn't get released to a more wider audience. I thought movie houses paid them to distribute the movie or is the other way around?

Back