Excalibur Heavy Fighter

I found out you can play the cutscenes right here at wcnews, and they show that detail in the cutscene in WC3, when Flash lands the new fighter for the first time. The rear gear indeed stows away in the bottom of the vertical fins.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to enlarge the video window or download the video, because it also shows a better view of the top of the engines I need, but I can't see anything at the size it is at now.

I may end up having to directly play it from the video files on the WC3 game disks if I want to see that detail.

I don't believe that would do you any good-WingIII's video was encoded at, IIRC, 320x200, so there's no great performance boost. The 3DO might have a higher resolution. I'm not sure.

Well, even that would be better than what I have for reference from that angle now. It is more a question of lighting, I think. The fighter moving across the screen should give me a better idea of what is there, due to the change in angle.

It's not because I've given up on this and will never be completing it, but it is always nice to have something to work on when I run into a creative block on a project.

with that said, here's a very early preview of the next ship I'm working on, which I will give its own thread once I have something more impressive to show for it:
arrowwip1.png

Thanks.

This render had escaped my attention. For some odd reason, I had found the render of the Arrow, but not the rest of them.

If only there was one that better showed those areas of the engines I've been going on about... :rolleyes:

Thanks.

This render had escaped my attention. For some odd reason, I had found the render of the Arrow, but not the rest of them.

If only there was one that better showed those areas of the engines I've been going on about... :rolleyes:

Have you seen the images on WCPedia for the Exalibur's engines?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, there is that overview image of the WC4 model there. I'd been going by the WC3 image and there's just not enough contrast in that image to make much out. I think I have enough to go on now to make an educated guess of what it's supposed to look like. Thanks.

Great model! Nice pictures here as well, they'll be nice guidelines for me, once I scratchbuild that Excalibur some day.:cool:

Almost done playing Halo: Reach, but now Civilization V has been released. I still hope it won't take too long before I can get back to texturing this, but knowing the addictive gameplay of Civilization, and having played the demo through in one sitting, which I started after I should have gone to bed, I don't know when I'll be free from distractions.

Once I do get going though, I should be able to finish the texture relatively quickly. With the extra reference I've got on the engines, the only thing I'm not sure how I'll do yet is the text on the bigger red labels. I'm sure it'll come to me though.

Hello again. I haven't really had the time or energy to work on this since I posted last, due to real life issues. Rest assured, I will eventually finish it. I can't say when that'll be, but it is only a matter of time.

Back