Excalibur Heavy Fighter

Discussion in 'Fan Projects & Editing' started by TonViper, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Bob McDob

Bob McDob Better Health Through Less Flavor Staff Member

I don't believe that would do you any good-WingIII's video was encoded at, IIRC, 320x200, so there's no great performance boost. The 3DO might have a higher resolution. I'm not sure.
  2. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

Well, even that would be better than what I have for reference from that angle now. It is more a question of lighting, I think. The fighter moving across the screen should give me a better idea of what is there, due to the change in angle.
  3. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

It's not because I've given up on this and will never be completing it, but it is always nice to have something to work on when I run into a creative block on a project.

with that said, here's a very early preview of the next ship I'm working on, which I will give its own thread once I have something more impressive to show for it:
    [​IMG]
  4. razgriz21

razgriz21 Spaceman

Awesome.

I would like to get one for real.
  5. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator Staff Member

Very good, guys!

Oh, and in case you haven't been using it, don't forget we have a 'source' render used for the WC4 website and official strategy guide:

http://www.wcnews.com/news/update/9044
    [​IMG]
  6. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

Thanks.

This render had escaped my attention. For some odd reason, I had found the render of the Arrow, but not the rest of them.

If only there was one that better showed those areas of the engines I've been going on about... :rolleyes:
  7. Dundradal

Dundradal Frog Blast the Vent Core! Staff Member

Have you seen the images on WCPedia for the Exalibur's engines?
  8. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

Oh yeah, there is that overview image of the WC4 model there. I'd been going by the WC3 image and there's just not enough contrast in that image to make much out. I think I have enough to go on now to make an educated guess of what it's supposed to look like. Thanks.
  9. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

Not dead, just playing Halo: Reach. :rolleyes:

I expect to resume texturing before too long.
  10. elend

elend Spaceman

Great model! Nice pictures here as well, they'll be nice guidelines for me, once I scratchbuild that Excalibur some day.:cool:
  11. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

Almost done playing Halo: Reach, but now Civilization V has been released. I still hope it won't take too long before I can get back to texturing this, but knowing the addictive gameplay of Civilization, and having played the demo through in one sitting, which I started after I should have gone to bed, I don't know when I'll be free from distractions.

Once I do get going though, I should be able to finish the texture relatively quickly. With the extra reference I've got on the engines, the only thing I'm not sure how I'll do yet is the text on the bigger red labels. I'm sure it'll come to me though.
  12. TonViper

TonViper Commodore

Hello again. I haven't really had the time or energy to work on this since I posted last, due to real life issues. Rest assured, I will eventually finish it. I can't say when that'll be, but it is only a matter of time.
  13. Klavs81

Klavs81 Commodore

It's looking great Ton, keep it up!