Exactly what CAN you buy?

kemstone

Spaceman
I've been reading this forum for a long time just trying to figure out which ships you can actually buy and I'm very confused. In one thread it seems like you can buy a drayman. In other threads it seems like this is impossible. In one thread it says you can buy every ship in the game, and in another it says the only non-original ship you can buy is a demon. So what's going on here?

Can somebody who actually knows what they're talking about just make a list of the ships that are ACTUALLY available in the game? The latest release. No hex-editting or that kind of crap. What can I actually find? Right now I'm just flying around looking for new ships to buy without much success. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for. I don't want to spend hours and hours searching for a talon or a drayman just to eventually learn that you can't even buy them!

In 1.0, I've seen repeatedly the Dryman for sale. So you can buy a Drayman, if you have the credits. I've seen also the demon, the original ones (tarsus, orion, centurion), and the talon.

Gladius, Stiletto, Broadsword - all in Perry after you're far enough in the second questline. Heard about Dralthi, but haven't actually checked the rumor. Yet.

Oh my...

Paradigm!

Extremely rare, but found it once.

(I wish saving preserved that stuff... does it?)

klauss said:
In 1.0, I've seen repeatedly the Dryman for sale. So you can buy a Drayman, if you have the credits. I've seen also the demon, the original ones (tarsus, orion, centurion), and the talon.

Once i saw drayman for sale.. If my memory servers me right, it was in a mining
base in troy early in the game. Since that, i've been looking for it
from everywhere, visited repeatedly the big stations (new constantinopole and
detroit for example) and dozens of smaller ones without any luck.
Is this a bug or am i only searching from the wrong places?

It's just the stock market fluctuating. You're just without luck. I keep circling between New Detroit, Constantinople and Troy and found it several times in the way. Perhaps you should try that route.

NOTE: Make stops in each system you go to.

Thanks for the help guys. So I guess it's definitely possible to get a drayman, gladius, stilletto, broadsword, and talon, and it MAY be possible to get a dralthi or a paradigm. And most of these ships don't become available until you're nearly through with the story-line? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I advanced very little in the story-line, didn't finish the Oxford missions yet (and I think I won't, as I'm enjoying my friendliness with the Kilrathy ;) ), so at least what I said that could be bought, can be bought real soon. The rest, well, probably not.

With a little but of editing, copy and pasting and filling in the gaps, you can fly any ship you want for free! Including the steltek ship and the drone. I have posted instructions elsewhere on the forum.

kemstone said:
Thanks for the help guys. So I guess it's definitely possible to get a drayman, gladius, stilletto, broadsword, and talon, and it MAY be possible to get a dralthi or a paradigm. And most of these ships don't become available until you're nearly through with the story-line? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm perfectly happy with the Demon, though I managed to finish the original game with a Tarsus once I got a good handle on playing it (and discovered that the Steltek Drone can't kill you when you are in a death spiral).

I'd like to try a Dralthi or a Goth ... or a Jalthi (Privateer needed Jalthi) -- where do you find them? (My guess is landing on Kilrathi capital ships?).

hellcatv said:
you can't get them by landing on kilrathi capships ;-) sorry

Thanks for the heads up, that will save me from trying.

Any suggestions of where else to look and what pre-requisits apply?

Thanks.

Chevieblazer said:
stupid question, but where can you get the demon?

In the ship dealer's, after you've joined the mercenaries guild, look under mercenary ships. The heavy is the Centurion, check the other types (light and medium) for a demon).

Ok, found the Dralthi and the Gothri (stupid me, I've been there lots of times, but didn't see it)
It's on the secret base where the cloaking device is - sorry, can't say more without risking a spoiler.
I can say, however, that it takes about 2 mill. credits or so, including extras, to outfit one of these.

Back