Exact rank of Terrence "Zero" O'Hearn in WCP

Black Joker

Spaceman
What was rank of Zero in WCP?
In Secured msg archive in WCSO mentioned he *is* 1st Lt.
But in mail section of Episode 1 he is Major. But in his first post to Casey and Garrett he wrote " ... I thought we saved everybody's butt back here and the thanks do we get?.... A handshake, a promotion.... well, you two got a promotion and a few drinks..."

So, Zero was *not promoted!*

And how explain this jump from 1st Lt to Major? (and what'bout old good Captain rank?)

What You think about it?

------------------
Mikhail "Black Joker" Babloyan

http://www.aura.ru/wcinrussia

i think he was 1st Lt. in WCP.
and we haven't seen the rank of cap. since wc2...well...space force that is...
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero was a 1st Lt. in Prophecy, and a Major in SO. It's never explained why he skips Captain.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Was Zero really a Major? Will have to replay the SO missions again dont recall that. How come he was promoted to Major and all the others are still 1st lieutants? Was he longer in the field? Perform as feat of bravery or what?

Remeber in Wc1 you used to get promoted like every five missions. But then you were Chris Blair. Maybe Zero is the next Blair and he'll get loads of promotions earn a special name from the bugs then destroy their homeworld. Or maybe he'll get promoted to Colonel just so he can take the piss out of Maniac!!

Now this is weird.
Maniac never gets a promotion for Col. after risking his ass for confed for about 30 yr. (correct me if i'm wrong), and Zero is alot more younger then our old friend Maniac. How could this be? BTW the same thing happend with Hawk he served less time then Maniac and still he was a Col. before him.

Yea but Zero doesn't go and piss off every Cag, Captain, admiral and hero that he meets, I'll bet you can advance through the ranks pretty quickly if you suck up to the brass

------------------
You Know I do GCSE Cooking, I get A's B's and nothing bellow c's I make Christmas Cake, Shortbread pastry and other Assorted and hard to make delacacys and what do I come home and cook myself?
Microwave Hot dogs!

IIRC, in the end of TPoF Maniac is promoted to colonel and got his own carrier to patrol the frontiers of the Border Worlds. What happened? Did he piss off another captain?
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Zero Maniac could have been a Colonel as early as WC2. He stayed a Major so he coul be in command of the Wild Eagel squadron testing the Morning Stars.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Good one, Kalk.

Maniac has twice been offered a position as colonel, and he's twice turned it down.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Maniac deserves to be an Admiral.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

If Maniac was an Admiral the Confederation would be doomed.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Maybe. Either we'd all be dead, or sipping margaritas out of bug skulls
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by No Regret (edited January 06, 2000).]

Not likely, he'd probably send a whole fleet on some sucide mission through the wormhole in Proxima.

------------------

Hey cool... my little comment just started a cool maniac discussion. I reckon he would be a crap hi-ranker. He's a pilot. when was he offered a colonel position? I haven't read any novels but I intend to seeing as my wing commander obessesion is growing every day. So what, was he offered colonel position in a novel? I know that when I read some fanfic on Dexters Fiction page he was a colonel in that but that was just fanfic.. I'm confused...

In the second add-on to WC2 when you first see Maniac he says he could be a Colonel, but he prefers to stay in cocpit and test the Morning Star fighters. Good choice if you ask me, the Morning Star rules!

------------------

The real reason that Maniac never gets promoted is that he is a supporting actor that is meant to create humor through stupidity... It wouldn't be fair to the player if he got promoted above you when you do so much more in the game... Wouldn't it suck if, in WC4, when you get brought back into service, Maniac was the Wing Commander and you weren't?

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Bellend: We don't even know if the Nephilim have a home world.. Maybe they are just some kind of fungus that grows in space...We might never know..

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 06, 2000).]

I hope the word you were looking for is "nomads" or "vultures"........not "fungus"...Nephilim doesn't remind me of fungus,if they remind you of fungus...i'd like to know what medication you've been taking
smile.gif

------------------
WiLDD KaRDD

UBW-5th Fleet-Black Ops

WiLDD KaRDD's quote of the day...
"That's the prep table,that's the rich pr*cks,that's the freaks. Then those next 4 tables behind us are the smart kids, as well as the table right there....and this' the.....misunderstood table."-Natasha

[This message has been edited by WiLDD KaRDD (edited January 06, 2000).]

She's taking a highly concentrated doses of Brillance, and I want to know where she's getting it.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

Back