everyone is in for a shock

Filler

General Graphics Guy
hehe...looking over the screenshots section of the UE site...
it looks so CRAP compared to the real thing :)
how I wish I was allowed to post screenshots... but where's the fun in that? :p

Seriously, this thing rocks so much. I think it's just really professional.

I can't wait to hear everyone's reaction when they all play it. :)

Yes, but how many times was the screenshots page changed? Once? Twice? ;)

I just hope I'll be able to play it even at the lowest settings on my old computer.

Hmmm... actually, with an old computer, you might have trouble during one or two cutscenes :p. But probably nothing major.

Hehe, unless Pedro gave you the link to the cutscenes-only mission package, you ain't seen the really polygon-intensive one yet :).

What does the game want to play properly ???
Doesnt it have the same requirements with Prophecy ?

Well... we don't actually know what the requirements are. Yes, the game will play on any computer that can handle Prophecy in D3D (software is not 100% supported by UE at this stage). However, it's a question of speed and smoothness, especially on higher resolutions. Needless to say, trying 1024x768 on a P100 is not a good idea ;).

Some of the things we've been able to do are really quite amazing. We've taken SO and expanded on it and done so much with it that we're starting to reach the limits of the engine itself. It's really amazing. In fact, we've done so much it's almost a stand alone game (too bad we don't have the rights to release it as such). You're all in for a real treat, trust me.

Yeah. Everything about it is on par with Wing Commander products from the missions(which are way more than "fly here, kill. Fly there, kill") to the fiction. Well, the voice acting could sound better, but that's it :)

You probably only downloaded the first version of the high-res patch, 1024x768 and 800x600 versions were distributed separately by then. The current version of the High-res patch includes both versions with a small selection menu, and i've also included some of the most recent patches, such as increased rendering distances (which means objects no longer disappear at 50000 clicks), 32-bit patch and centered menus :)

You would need a relatively recent card for the high-res patch (perhaps somewhere around a TNT2, especially if you plan to use the 32-bit mode). UE still manages to be more demanding, due to the high poly-counts and complex scenes tho.

And regarding UE, you certainly won't be disappointed when it's released imho ;)

Mario

Back