Eternal Vigilance: Voice Actor Needed (Details Inside)

WingFan06

1st Lieutenant
Hey everyone, I didn't know which section to put this in so I put it here. Now you might ask what Eternal Vigilance is, put simply it's a new Fan Fict im working on set after The Price Of Freedom but before Prophecy...I need a talented Voice Actor to voice the Introduction Voice-Over of the Main Character, that im putting together with some music from the WC Universe to give it that Wing Commander feel.

Now, I would voice it myself but im not to much of a Voice Actor so that is out of the question. The Story is my adaption of what I think should have happened after TPOF, and in my Alternate Wing Commander Reality Prophecy doesn't take place and some of the Story before TPOF is altered a bit...More on the story will be revealed once I get the first chapter written, however before I do that I need the Intro done.

So id like to get a volunteer to do the voice for me, he/she would need to have a voice that sounds like a Wing Commander would have. Anyone on CIC is welcome to audition, to do this just send the Sound File of you saying the Intro through PM on these forums. Please note however that the Intro must be spoken in Clear English.

The Intro is as follows:

"5 years have passed since The Confederation beat the Border Worlds, however I feel that victory was..well, in vain. The Confederation is passing new laws and it feels like Peace is leaving us, like our Freedom is gone. They have exiled Col. Blair to a life of running, they hunt him like a dog every day wanting to kill him..But for what? Of course he is a Traitor but I don't think that is true, I just hope we don't go into a new war...A war with ourselves, though I guess The Price Of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance. Eternal Vigilance not only aginst you're enemy, but who you thought was you're friend as well! Blair was right, Con-Fed is becomeing the very Corruption it fights to stop..I just hope it isn't too late."

Remember whoevers voice I choose will be credited in the story, also I will let that person choose the name of the Main Character...Also, depending on whather the voice is Male or Female. That will decide what the Main Character will be, good luck to everyone who sends in a Voice File. Remember to make the file either a Wav or Mp3.

A very huge thanks goes to all who enter!

Update: Sorry for the double post but I have to announce that this is no longer valid, I decided to go ahead and voice the Intro myself..Thanks to everyone who took a look at this page, and a big thanks to anyone who sent in a file. The Fict should be up in the next few days, so keep an eye out!

You beat me to the button. :) I had an update written asking people to send in submissions.

Rescripted

Might I suggest an alternative script :

"5 years have passed since The Confederation beat the Border Worlds, yet some days I feel that our victory was..well, in vain...

Confed’s constantly passing new laws and it feels like our freedom is slipping away, day by day. We have won peace, yet strangely… we are not… at peace.

Col. Blair’s on the run from Confed and they’re hunting him down every day, like a rat to be exterminated... But nobody knows why. They’ve branded him a traitor, but I just can’t believe it’s true.

Sigh, looks like a civil war’s around the corner, and paranoia is running amock. I just hope we can stop it before it starts… although I guess as Admiral Tolwyn puts it, The Price Of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance.

Snicker. Eternal Vigilance - not just against your enemies, but against your time-proven allies?

Blair was right, ConFed is becoming the evil it fought to overcome... I just hope it isn't too late."

What's my motivation?

Not to sound like a jerk but, what's the motivation?

Is the person angry, confused, resigned to what he/she thinks fate will be? Is this causally spoken, is the person in a hurry? What?

I do agree that this dialog seems unnatural.

Might I suggest an alternative script :

"5 years have passed since The Confederation beat the Border Worlds, yet some days I feel that our victory was..well, in vain...

Confed’s constantly passing new laws and it feels like our freedom is slipping away, day by day. We have won peace, yet strangely… we are not… at peace.

Col. Blair’s on the run from Confed and they’re hunting him down every day, like a rat to be exterminated... But nobody knows why. They’ve branded him a traitor, but I just can’t believe it’s true.

Sigh, looks like a civil war’s around the corner, and paranoia is running amock. I just hope we can stop it before it starts… although I guess as Admiral Tolwyn puts it, The Price Of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance.

Snicker. Eternal Vigilance - not just against your enemies, but against your time-proven allies?

Blair was right, ConFed is becoming the evil it fought to overcome... I just hope it isn't too late."

That does sound a lot better then the Intro I wrote, however the one I wrote is merly a first draft and not the final one...I just wanted to convey the idea of what i wanted to be said, so..In other words the Intro I wrote is by no means the final draft, the final draft will be the one I write when I choose who will voice the Intro to the story.

Not to sound like a jerk but, what's the motivation?

Is the person angry, confused, resigned to what he/she thinks fate will be? Is this causally spoken, is the person in a hurry? What?

I do agree that this dialog seems unnatural.

Again, I didn't write what motivation the person needed to have because this Draft of the Intro is merly to judge who I think should voice the Intro to my story..Not to mention like I told geisthund, this draft of the Introduction is by no means the finished final version. The Final Draft will be written, when I have choosen the person to Voice the Introduction to the story.

Side Note: Anyone wanting to send in a Audition should do so before Tuesday as that is the Deadline, once Tuesday arrives I will choose the winner of the Audition..Good Luck to everyone who sent in a file!

Wingfan personally these guys dont know a good plot when they see one i love the story line if u make any changes i hope it gets even better than it is now personally i dont think any changes r needed i hope to see ur finished piece soon

Frosty signing off

Don't worry, im not going to change any of the in story storylines. However, I will be revising the Introduction as this version was only a First Draft.

The Auditions have now come to an end, I will notify the winner via PM atleast by Thursday Afternoon..Good luck, and remember!

The Price Of Freedom, Is Eternal Vigilance....

Back