Epsilon Sector

DangerousCook

Rear Admiral
From viewing your universe maps I noticed a few systems under UBW control and I was wondering about what time period these maps represent. Are these same systems under UBW control during/after the war? Please help me out if you can.

i rekon the map is of the post-kilrathi war. there are systems that are shown to be under Confed but during the kilrathi war they were under the cats ( the venice and ariel systems for example ).

The Union of Border Worlds didn't exist as a political entity during the war. The map included with Prophecy is dated 2681, some 8 years after Wing Commander IV.

Ok so basically my question would be that during a time period immediately following the events of WC4, would the systems under UBW control in Epsilon sector coincide with this map (to the best of our knowledge) ?

i guess so. in secret opps they mentioned some stuff abt border-worlds concerning ppl with their mothers hunting for alien wrekages and i think the systems they mentioned there were correct according to the map. but emmideately after wc4 i cant say, heck i just finished CD4 2 days ago so i still dont know what happens at the end of WC4 :p

I don't think there's any way to know -- that's the period in which the Union was created, we don't know exactly how it was formed. Did systems leave the Confederation all at once, or gradually after the situation stabilized? Who knows.

infact a couple of the systems may even be from the Kilrathi Assembly of Clans. i remember in wc3 there was a mission in kilrah space in the Ariel system (C6). that system is now under confed control and the systems beyond it under UBW so yes, some of the systems are kilrathi.

well, we made a hasty retreat in that mission and the system was once again back in kilrathi hands.

During the last weeks of the war a lot of systems switched hands. The treaty of Torgo was referred to as the "treaty of Ko-bar Yogar" because the kilrathi had captured it right before the t-bomb raid. I'm not sure when the Ariel system fell.

it must have been aquired once the war was over. it seems that even the systems beyond the Ariel sys have Terran names ( like caliban ) so i assume they were confed but were taken over by kilrathi during the war. after the war confed must have re-taken them.

Alrighty, thanks guys. I just didn't want to write a story in a Border Worlds system and have someone go "at that time period it wouldn't have been UBW..." or something like that. Anyways, thanks!

Back