ENB + SweetFX in Prophecy and WCSaga

Bitterman

Commodore
Well, this is something that its bugging me for a while.

We all Know both ENB and SWEETFX Enhancing proprieties in some new and Old games, like the Black box 2001-2006 era NFS games, Battlezone 98 and BZ2 and even Freelancer + Homeworld games, mainly because of the DX8/9/10 and OpenGL patches for these games.

But, does these ones still works on games like WCP and WCsaga/FSO engine?

i've been trying to tinker with this since today, and it appears that Reshade works with WCP(tested with the new demo) the only problem is that the UI disappears during missons, things like crosshairs, Ship health and etc. also the game itself becomes a bit unstable, but i think its more because of certain effects that comes with RESHADE.

in my test i've used X3 Reshade https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4570/

and the changes were quite good, though said bugs and instability came up.

I didnt tested up with WCSaga yet, Mainly because my technic school decided to screw me sideways with physics and Math, and my literature teacher decided to force me to do some acting along with my teammates there. but i'll see if i can do tomorrow.

Also sorry for the Lack of Screenshots, Tomorrow i'll try to post some

Hi ! The fan-made OpenGL renderer for WCP and Secret Ops already implements enhanced lighting effects such as the ones (if I understand correctly) SWEETFX aims to hack onto games. I don't think it would make the game look significantly better.

Did you try it over the DirectX or OpenGL renderer ?

Hi ! The fan-made OpenGL renderer for WCP and Secret Ops already implements enhanced lighting effects such as the ones (if I understand correctly) SWEETFX aims to hack onto games. I don't think it would make the game look significantly better.

Did you try it over the DirectX or OpenGL renderer ?

tried it, tomorrow i'll post it.

here's what happened with WCP Demo

the screenshots are a bit mixed but here its is, even deactivated the UI Hud is KAPUT

http://imgur.com/a/4Mi6f

Reshade works "Well" with the new WCP Demo, though IDK which effect it is that it made the Hud Disappear

Last edited:
I see from your screenshots that you've been trying to use Reshade to hack WCP in OpenGL mode. As I stated before, the fan-made OpenGL renderer for WCP/SO already implements enhanced lighting effects such as additive alpha, bloom, reflection, etc. in a way that makes sense, only on the right elements. There is not much to gain trying to hack even more effects.

If you really want to try Reshade over WCP, change the renderer (in the Video card setup) to DirectX; I'm a genuinely curious to compare screenshots of Reshade over DirectX versus regular OpenGL.

I see from your screenshots that you've been trying to use Reshade to hack WCP in OpenGL mode. As I stated before, the fan-made OpenGL renderer for WCP/SO already implements enhanced lighting effects such as additive alpha, bloom, reflection, etc. in a way that makes sense, only on the right elements. There is not much to gain trying to hack even more effects.

If you really want to try Reshade over WCP, change the renderer (in the Video card setup) to DirectX; I'm a genuinely curious to compare screenshots of Reshade over DirectX versus regular OpenGL.

Does WCP update supports DX9? im using the X3 One as a main test

well it doesn't work, WCP Direct3D is too outdated to run SweetFX

only the OpenGL works

as for WCSaga, Both OpenGL and Direct 3d Upgrades works well, i tested only with the same X3package that i used on Prophecy Demo though

i'll see if i can find a ENB that is compatible for testing later

Guys i need to know, there's a way to change WCSaga to Direct3d?

wxLauncher doesnt work on WCS and WCS prologue

I'm not sure about Saga if it was before, but the D3d render was ripped out of the FSO engine many years ago.

I'm not sure about Saga if it was before, but the D3d render was ripped out of the FSO engine many years ago.

wxLauncher doesn't work with WCsaga, and the 4.5launcher screwed with my installation settings and the game itself

The game itself works with Sweetfx ENB but the 2d textures are all over the place

Well wxlauncher was made long after saga split and even released, there is no way. There was a patch to the game to try to get it to work with official FS2O builds but it was never finished. Last I checked it was playable though, but that was a long time ago, and I have no idea about the current fs20. It definitely had it's own graphical glitches though.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85375.0

Well wxlauncher was made long after saga split and even released, there is no way. There was a patch to the game to try to get it to work with official FS2O builds but it was never finished. Last I checked it was playable though, but that was a long time ago, and I have no idea about the current fs20. It definitely had it's own graphical glitches though.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85375.0

yeah, this bugs me a bit, mainly because from what i saw while testing here, a Sweetfx+ENB update for WCSaga would be great!

and i say that because of older games from that time, like NFScarbon/Most Wanted and even Doom 3 gaining a new life with that.

Back