Duke Nukem: Waiting for forever

Dyret

Super Carrot!
I found this game while trying to get Duke Nukem 2 at ~~~. (I've allready bought it but my grandmother put the CD away somewhere and now i cant find it. :eek: :(

Anyway, i stumbled across this cool Freeware title!
Enjoy

Edit: The admins dont like my link, but i think you can get it as here well

Poor little sob....warez add. aren't welcome here, i suggest you to delete it.

BTW DNF is being ported to the new Doom 3 engine, so in a few years it will be out.

Ghost´s right, that site ain´t *freeware*, it is illegalware.

edit: removed the last part of my post due to alleged freewareness of the game. Still, linking to warez sites can turn people into jap girls here.

exactly how is this game NOT freeware?!

lets look at the evidence - guy who made it says on his website and i quote "Just so its 100% Clear, this is a fan game project, by me and has absolutely no direct connections with 3dRealms/Apogee. This game is 100% free. Duke Nukem is owned by 3dRealms/Apogee."

just to summarise that for you guys...
FREEEEEEE!!

ok, im happy with that now

They assumed it's illegalware since you posted a link to the, what we shall call, the "u" which is 99.9% warez. The game in question is indeed freeware.

No one moderated anything - there board is programmed to filter out URLs to certain hosts.

Observe: ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~.

WTF is wrong with you?
I don't care if it is fanmade or not evenmore...i don't know what the hell are you talking about.

I said that DNF ''is being'' ported to the Doom 3 engine.

Dyret said:
ITS NOT DUKE NUKEM FOREVER! Its a fan made game! :mad:
Well, Ghost's "WTF is wrong with you" is a pretty good response, but allow me to explain in politer words. Ghost mentioned DNF as an aside (BTW = by the way). He never mentioned that freeware game you were talking about.

Ghost, when i saw my post i asked the same question: WTF was wrong with me when i wrote that?

The answer is quite simple: I did the common "powell mistake" read half a sentence and put it together in the wrong order. Sorry ghost.

But im not sure we should get our hopes up about forever. I mean, thy have tried like three different engines and i'm really worried how much of a game it will be. One of the developers even said that AI wont be as important part of the game as people might think. Does thois mean:

1. Half life style: Scripting overkill.

2. Duke Nukem style: kill everything that walks into your crosshair while saving strippers and such.

3.Developer style: Dude, we cant possibly finish the game before releasing it because we have been messing around with three different engines!

Ghost said:
BTW DNF is being ported to the new Doom 3 engine, so in a few years it will be out.

You know, by the time they're done porting it to the Doom 3 engine, they're going to announce that either they're porting it to the Half-Life 2 Source engine... or else that they're porting it to whatever's the newest and best engine out there, just to avoid finishing the game, right?

I wish -I- got paid for nothing.

Wait wait wait.

Going off topic just a touch... where's the verification that they're porting to Doom 3? Last I heard they were using Unreal... If they are using Doom 3, they really aren't going to ever finish that game.

Arguing over DNF's release date or making fun of it's lack of release date is SO 2002. I saw the E3 video from, what, 3 years ago? Yeah, it looks good - but no game is as good as real life. I suggest going outside sometimes.

Lise said:
Wait wait wait.

Going off topic just a touch... where's the verification that they're porting to Doom 3? Last I heard they were using Unreal... If they are using Doom 3, they really aren't going to ever finish that game.

Quake III->Unreal->Doom 3.

LeHah said:
Arguing over DNF's release date or making fun of it's lack of release date is SO 2002. I saw the E3 video from, what, 3 years ago? Yeah, it looks good - but no game is as good as real life. I suggest going outside sometimes.

That's sound advice. Let us all go outside and get some fresh air and exercise.

Any screen shot or movie seen of Duke Nukem Forever doesn't really matter because the game never looks the same twice since they keep switching engines. They just need to stick with one and make the game already.

You need to stop complaining and get on with your life.

Back