DREADNOUGHT

Evil

Spaceman
After I killed the DREADNOUGHT in WC3 the mission wasen´t over .(i wasen´t unwoundebel)
I played over 2 hours but every time there came new ships .
What can i do ?????

You have to load a mission before you were sent to Proxima. The mission with the Dreadnought, and the one before it are the WC3 loosing path, and there's absolutely no way to win the game from this point. So if you're a smart pilot and have been saving after each mission go back and load a mission before Proxima. You'll have to be successfull in it if you want to continue the game.

Eh? You killed the Dreadnought with conventional weapons? I always thought the game made it invincible.

Well, what you want to do is get inside it's hangar (where there are no shields or turrets) like a lot of people do with carriers, and fire away. I usually load a Longbow full of Dumb Fire missiles and fire them all along with my torps at one time. Of course I have to use a cheat first to get through all the fighters. I also like to do this in an Excal, but because of it's lack of torps it might take a little longer.
smile.gif

But hey, it's always fun to take on the best capship the cats ever built.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing you can do, is sit tight on it`s engines, match it`s speed, and fire at the big red squares. That should do the trick, without wasting too many missiles.
cool.gif

The next wave only comes when all ships are destroyed, kill all but one then attack the cap ship.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

IIRC when you reach the navpoint you find Coventry and Sheffield. They are being attacked by some Paktahns. Once you nail the Paktahns the dreadnought jumps through. After you get rid of the dreadnought corvettes and Dralthis jump in and are constantly replenished.
To see how great a pilot you are try to destroy all the dreadnought's turrets and live to tell the tale.

Bummer, I don't have WC3 to try that again. I guess I didn't have the patience to sit there until it blew up when I tried it the first time. About how long does it take, anyway?

A very very long time. Even with a Longbow loaded with torps and DFs it takes a little less then forever. Remember that the 'nought is 32km long and something that big takes a while to demolish
smile.gif

22km actually IIRC. But then WC was never supposed to be realistic - something that big shouldn't disintegrate once you've blasted to the core, and if it did you'd be taken out as well, wouldn't you?
smile.gif

Taking it down little by little doesnt work too well - the gun recharge pool doesnt cover what's needed to take down the Dreadnought from the inside. Use a full gun pool, then salvo all twelve Dumbfire missiles (you ARE flying an Excal, arent you?) and follow up with another gun pool salvo, which should have recharged by then. The best way to do this is from the back of the outside, since (at least the game I played - my computer did some screwy things with WC3...) the hangar bay is either shielded with the same system the outside is or doesnt take damage, and the turrets WILL turn to fire on you if youre inside the ship (passing straight through the dreadnouhgt, of course) and the positioning makes it harder to be hit, as well as guaranteeing that all your firepower will be concentrated in the small area, rather than spreading it over three or four sections of shields. Result: one dead Dreadnought, and many many hours of relentless corvette killing practice.

------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Heh, that's a strange thing, with the dreadnought in Prophecy, its turrets would always shoot through its own 'arm'. Real annoying, it shoots you, you can't shoot back until you fly around the arm.

interesting note about things like that - ships with the same pilots, regardless of type or alignment, will have the fire from their guns pass through the other ship. Interesting with a 8-Plunkett 3-way fight that i forgot to switch the pilots for... got a little hard to survive the plasma fire randomly appearing from the sides of the ships.

------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Back