Dragon Fighter

I'm guessing that the infinite afterburners worked in the PC version, but did anyone have a problem with them in the playstation version like me?
 

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
I ve only the Wc3 psx version....not Wc4.....I dont know maybe they fixed the Infinite Afterburners Bug at the PSX version...
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Never noticed a problem, myself...

Note that the Lance's afterburners aren't *unlimited*... it just takes forever for them to run out.
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Note that the Lance's afterburners aren't *unlimited*

Only if Lt. Lance is flying a Dragon. :D

Note to newbies: In the TPOF novel, the fighters called "Dragon" in WCIV are referred to as "Lance" by the Black Lance people. That's why, presumably, they also dress in black, paint their "Lance" fighter black and uses black weapons in the shape of lances.

... it just takes forever for them to run out.

Actually, it will run out in some time and will have to be turned down for recharging. Remember what Pliers said: "for short bursts of afterburner, imagine the speed!"
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Originally posted by Delance
Actually, it will run out in some time and will have to be turned down for recharging. Remember what Pliers said: "for short bursts of afterburner, imagine the speed!"

It's not exactly that the engines need to get turned off for recharging. The fighter is taking in fuel all the time at a certain rate. That's why it takes a while for the fuel to run out, because it's gaining fuel as it burns it. When you do run out, you don't begin regaining fuel any different from how you've been gaining fuel all along.
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by ChrisReid
It's not exactly that the engines need to get turned off for recharging. The fighter is taking in fuel all the time at a certain rate. That's why it takes a while for the fuel to run out, because it's gaining fuel as it burns it. When you do run out, you don't begin regaining fuel any different from how you've been gaining fuel all along.

Actually I meant that in the game the afterburners turn down if the AB fuel goes to zero, but after a while they recharge. But thanks for the tech info. :)
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Note to newbies: In the TPOF novel, the fighters called "Dragon" in WCIV are referred to as "Lance" by the Black Lance people. That's why, presumably, they also dress in black, paint their "Lance" fighter black and uses black weapons in the shape of lances.

'Dragon' was their callsign... 'Lance' was the name of the fighter. 'Black Lance' would be the Special Ops variant (a la Black Wasp, Black Panther, etc.).
 

Delance

Victory, you say?
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
'Dragon' was their callsign... 'Lance' was the name of the fighter. 'Black Lance' would be the Special Ops variant (a la Black Wasp, Black Panther, etc.).

Yes, but, coincidentaly, it would also be of the color Black. There's a simbology on all that. The "Black Lance" forces, an organization, would fly Black (SO) Lance (fighters) of the color black. Their black weapons also had, dare I say, fer de lances.
 

OscarZan

Spaceman
Originally posted by Delance
Actually I meant that in the game the afterburners turn down if the AB fuel goes to zero, but after a while they recharge. But thanks for the tech info. :)

But during the game chief Pliers explain to Blair the the power plant allow incredible speed and cost only a little drain from guns power.
 

Aries

Vice Admiral
its not. long as you push the button and the thing does the job, ya'll shouldn't worry bout it
 
Top