Doom 2 Wad files & WC...

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Question:

Could a DOOM 2 (W95 version) level (.WAD) be used (by importing and/or converting it to another format) in any of the current mod's available?... I'm referring to "internal" scenes (onboard ship, rather than spaceflight, of course) that may occur in the particular mod.

Reason I ask is, I recently obtained the DOOM 2 editor, in the hopes that I could do just that. If so, how would I go about converting same?... I'd appreciate any info y'all could give me on this point. Thx.

P.S. -- While I'm at it, let me ask if anyone out there knows where I can get TrueSpace 4 for a reasonable price--anyone?...

You would be better off using QWRadiant to make a Quake 3 map, or Qoole to make a Quake 2 map, than making Doom maps.
Qoole is pretty easy to use - I made an awesome DM map for it once...
QERadiant is difficult, but it's what EVERYONE uses... look at any of the good maps (ie, the CPM map pack) and you'll see what I mean.

As for TrueSpace... all packages like that are danmed expensive ;/ They MIGHT have an educational version which you might be eligible for if you're a student... though I don't know if they do have one of not.

Originally posted by akashra

...So, akashra--yer a "swabbie" now?... What happened? Better yet, how can you post if yer a swabbie? (or did the demotion occur after you posted this?).... I'm mystified. What sorta penance do ya hafta do to get back on?...

preacher, I cannot understand why do you want to make a Wing Commander mod based upon doom 2!
However wad files cannot be converted to let's say Quake's WAD or HL's wad or similars....
You know, Nowadays wad contains only textures, while Doom's wad contained every detail of the level!

Back