Did Commodore Blair die in 5?!?!?!?!!?

colblair64

Spaceman
I had just finished prophecy and they said Blair didnt make it. Is this true or is it an alternate ending to torment me? By the way if you know a lot on "Jumping" or jump drive, i'd like to hear your thoughts.....
)

First, let me welcome you to the Wing Commander CIC Chat Zone. I'm sure that you will come to offer many interesting opinions that will both amaze and puzzle the rest of us.

Second, did you read the announcements? They suggest that controversial topics like this be avoided at all costs. (Some of us can get into quite nasty arguments over these things.) So please watch what you say. Other than that, have fun!

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Said like a true a*s kisser Weasel

------------------
Here's to you guy's for doing your job, and for not getting dead (Mac from Speed)

Try reading the Jump Theory FAQ

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craze, I'm not sure what you mean. Why would I want to kiss this guy's ass? I'm not exactly trying to gain followers.

------------------

Craze said:
Said like a true a*s kisser Weasel

And, of course, by chiming in with the popular 'down with Da Man!' comment, you're proving to be just as seeking of others' approval as you're accusing WildWeasel of being.

Sheesh, at least fake originality...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Ok, first, colblair, no, that's not an alternate ending. Blair is gone for now, and most likely dead, but OSI got rid of him in a way that'll let them bring him back.

Second, like the other guys said, I wouldn't press this subject further. It'll most likely transform into a thread with over 200 posts, and people engaged in flame wars left and right.

Third, like TC, you could read the Jump FAQ, and you could also try and get the WC Confederation Handbook. It has some prety good descriptions of different drive systems.

I understand now. Sorry to disappoint you, Craze, but I'm just trying to make a newcomer feel welcome.
smile.gif

------------------

Although I've the utmost respect for Philip Langdale (he is, afterall, a fellow Longhorn), the Jump FAQ is very out of date...

First of all i'd like to thank wildweasel for that enlightning welcome. And no, i dont want anyone kissing my behind. So Blair is lost in the stars for now, eh? NOOOOO.... hmmmm... I had other things to say but they currently elude so i may just say something later.....

By the way, here is an Interesting thought: in WC4 if you got the alternate ending how'd Blair jump from Colonel to Admiral. Technichally that's impossible, right? So is Commodore.....

He first became a general, and then transfered from the space forces to the navy. And since commodore is the equivlant of the general, so Blair became a commodore.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited September 18, 2000).]

Technichally you cant go to Space Force to Navy. But im basing this on real life. So if im wrong please certainly correct me and explain.

It has been done before in WC. Tolwyn transfered to the navy, Jason "Bear" Bondarevsky transfered to the navy, and several others. You certainly can switch from one to the other.

Oh, don't mind me asking, but since when are there space forces in real life?
smile.gif

Haha, first of all, thanks for your info it cleared some questions. Secondly, i kinda based Confed on the Navy of now. Space Forces, from my understanding, is just another part of Confed. Of course you say there is already a marines. In WC i believe that saying Marines is just basically slang for the people who fiht on the ground not in the air. In my mind, there is no doubt that they are apart of Space Forces. Plus, you can look at the marines of today they have division of Air Combat. As for the Navy they're just........ the Navy.

err sorry, some parts i kinda made weird. Space Force is the Marines of Confed. And, The Navy is just another branch of Confed. For example, Navy has Marines. But, in this case Confed has Space Force and Navy. I apoligize if just by listening to me rant has made you dumber, or number, and the possibility of me butchering of Wing Commander....

I don't really know how to explain this acuratly, but the Space Forces in WC, are basicly fighter pilots or Secret Operations divisions, while the navy is the personel that serves aboard and runs capships or controls space stations, systems, or even entire sectors.

The Marines are definetly not a part of the Space Forces though.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited September 18, 2000).]

I don't know why its hard to explain...

Space Forces = Air Force
Navy = Navy
Marines = Marines

Its that simple.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Pardon my my intrusion but, how do you know this for certain? I'd also like to emphasize, "In my mind."

[This message has been edited by colblair64 (edited September 18, 2000).]

Back