Developer self-promotion: Strike Wing

You don't plan to sound like you're promoting it, but you found this game? Must have been quite an extraordinary surprise for you to find it, given that you're one of the game's creators.

We have nothing whatsoever against people who produce games coming here and posting about them. But we definitely do not appreciate liars, and especially liars who think that we are idiots. Given that you registered here under the same nick as the one you use on the Strike Wing forum, where you are listed as one of the game's developers and a forum administrator, how stupid must you think we are, to claim that you happened to find this game and aren't at all trying to promote it? You seriously thought no one would notice?

You don't plan to sound like you're promoting it, but you found this game? Must have been quite an extraordinary surprise for you to find it, given that you're one of the game's creators.

We have nothing whatsoever against people who produce games coming here and posting about them. But we definitely do not appreciate liars, and especially liars who think that we are idiots. Given that you registered here under the same nick as the one you use on the Strike Wing forum, where you are listed as one of the game's developers and a forum administrator, how stupid must you think we are, to claim that you happened to find this game and aren't at all trying to promote it? You seriously thought no one would notice?

"He is really a nice guy once you get to know him"

Well I doubt there was really any intention of deception so much as a unfamiliarity and uncomfortableness when talking about his own work. (I mean seriously, to what end?) Lets face it, computer programers make lousy PR guys. That being said, cOmas, take ownership of your achievement. It looks like you put a heck of a lot of work into it. I wish you luck! :)

I planned not to post on this thread but ... after wcnut's post I'll copy paste from my message to Quatro:

I was indeed the lead developer of the game engine of Heresy War, but on Strike Wing I'm no longer directly involved. My former colleagues are continuing it and and porting it mobile devices.

Anyways ... there's no way to change that thread since I'm no admin ... and this will most likely prevent some space sims fans play a game I hope will be fun ... in a world with way too few space sims

I don't think the post is much more "deceptive" than the beagle boys running around with black masks in public, i'm inclined to attribute it to shyness and/or modesty.
That said, i'd really like to give this game a try, if i had any device that could play it. Unfortunately i only have a PC, and the *smartest* function my cellphone has is not distracting me from using it solely for phonecalls.

I planned not to post on this thread but ... after wcnut's post I'll copy paste from my message to Quatro:
Yes, just for the record - c0mas indeed approached me with an explanation, and worried that the misunderstanding will lead to hostility to the game. I suggested that it would be best if he himself explained the situation here - and I'm glad he decided to do it after all.

Out of interest what was the original thread title? I'm guessing its changed given the reactions

Out of interest what was the original thread title? I'm guessing its changed given the reactions
I honestly don't recall - my memory is like a sieve :). It did have "Strike Wing" in it, but that's about all I remember.

Heresy War was the original title, the demo should still be available for download (6 years old or so).

Back