Demon Ship question

Starblazer

Spaceman
Greeting All:

I am at Perry, I am thinking of getting a demon, I just noticed that the price is $180k (was $60k, possibly in an earlyer ver, I don't remeber, just a bit shocked), there is two for sale, one is $125k and one is $180k, but both have the same description, both decsribe a torp launcher, nether one mentions missles.

Which one is the anti-fighter one with missle launchers?

Was all set to get one I have $155k then saw the price and nearly swallowed my teeth! Damn that must be a good fighter. Read that it takes 3/2 reactor/shield.
Also read that some confed/milita ship for sale part way into the story (haven't started it yet, but will keep checking (silly question: will these be only available at Perry?)

Just wondering if a med or heavy fighter that can handle bigger reactor/shield will be in the game.

Um...one last thing...I saw that the reactorss/shields are up to lvl 9, what is the max the Galaxy and Cent can handle?

Thanks

Starblazer

the cheaper one is probably the stripped down version without reactor, etc

you can still buy the reactor

This is vanilla 1.0 right? :)

The level 9 reactors/shields are probably previlege to capital ships (I saw a Drayman for sale in Oxford under Light Capship directly after Masterson ONCE, then no more, by the time I had the money for it.
Yes, there are some Confed ships, probably the only reason to keep me flying right now is the... find it out, you can take on a Steltek drone, can you?

Yes, 1.0 no patches at all. ;>

um...so the $125k one is basic with no guns or anything or like the Taursus lasers and missle launchers but nothing else? I ask this as I guess it was an earlyer ver where it was $60k and one was anti-fighter with missles and one was strike ver with torp launcher and it seems that you can't buy launchers just the missles and I am not fond of the torp launcher, so I am trying to avoid it. Otherwise it wouln't matter I would just sell the launcher I didn't like.

Um....can spiritplumber's wcu patch be used with 1.0...am I missing a whole bunch of neat stuff?

Thank for the info and thank you and everyone involved for doing this for us!!

Starblazer

Back