D3D and Glide with SO

jammyo2k

Spaceman
Does SO support glide or D3D, patched or otherwise? I have just started playing SO with a new graphics card and it does not seem to have any accelerated features (such as coloured lights etc.). Will installing a glide wrapper on my card improve the situation?

Thanks

I don't use Glide, but I do use D3D, and SO supports it. You might have to set it in the "select video card" window in the launcher.

If your card isn't a 3dfx card, installing a glide wrapper won't do anything.

secret ops does support d3d

glide wrappers are usually for 3dfx cards.. opengl are usually for most cards that support it.. if you are looking for glide wrappers.. it wont work for most cards.. not even for geforce series.. most latest cards have nvidia chipset in them and have good d3d and opengl.. 3dfx is gone now by the way..

later,

Will

Re: secret ops does support d3d

Originally posted by wsjensen
glide wrappers are usually for 3dfx cards.. opengl are usually for most cards that support it..
Will

Uhm... Glide _WRAPPERS_ or only for _NON_ 3dfx cards. 3dfx cards already are Glide compatible so why would they need a Glide wrapper?!

A Glide Wrapper translates Glide calls into D3D ones.

Usually these don't work very well. Most of the wrappers are only written for one game and graphic card in mind.

Creative once wanted to do a unified Glide wrapper for all Nvidia cards, but AFAIK it never got anywhere near release.

Back