Cutscenes

QuailPilot

Spaceman
Great job on your game! The only problem I have is with the cutscenes. It was with cutscenes that had people in it. When the mechanic gives his speal on the damage on your ship, talking to the other pilots in the ready room, and the end of episode 1. The problem is, it studders so much that I can't pick up whats going on.

There are two solutions you can try:

1) In Standoff's launcher, go to the options screen and turn on the "anti-skipping" patch.
2) Run "DxDiag" (from the Start Menu -> Run), go to the Sound tab, and turn sound acceleration completely off - this might affect other games negatively, so you might have to turn it back on.

If neither of those two solutions work for you, then your best bet is to wait for Ep 3. HCl has informed me of a mistake I made during conversion of our videos, so they'll all be updated in our next release... this fix may solve your problem.

(And if even after installing Ep 3, it still doesn't work, I'll send you the cutscenes in AVI format - anyone who has a Humphrey Bogart quote in their signature deserves to play Standoff the way it's intended to be played. ;))

Back