Cutscene question

saf0775

Rear Admiral
I saw in an older post you were thinking of incorporating take-off and landing cutscene edditing in a future release. Any update on that?

I saw in an older post you were thinking of incorporating take-off and landing cutscene eddting in a future release. Any update on that?

That's already done. You can disable the default cutscenes. And you can make any cutscene on your own.

That's already done. You can disable the default cutscenes. And you can make any cutscene on your own.

Okay, then I'd like to know what I'm missing. I can't seem to find anything in the XSD or XML's about landing or hangar files or anything.

Okay, then I'd like to know what I'm missing. I can't seem to find anything in the XSD or XML's about landing or hangar files or anything.

You can disable the launch cutscene for a mission in the campaign xml file
Code:
	<xs:element name="mission">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:attribute name="file" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
			<xs:attribute name="win" type="xs:string" use="optional"/>
			<xs:attribute name="lose" type="xs:string" use="optional"/>
			<xs:attribute name="prelaunch" use="optional" >
				<xs:simpleType>
					<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
						<xs:enumeration value="none"/>
					</xs:restriction>
				</xs:simpleType>
			</xs:attribute>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>

Set the prelaunch attribute to none.

Adding either prelaunch=None, prelaunch=none or prelaunch="None" doesn't seem to do result in any change when I tested this with the scripting campaign.

I'm thinking this attribute is for the FMV cutscene where you would see the fighter being placed into the launch tube or something similar.

I am pretty sure that what saf is referring to is actually the in-game starting/ending cutscene where your fighter flies out of or into a 4-sided hanger out in the middle of no-ships space.

Adding either prelaunch=None, prelaunch=none or prelaunch="None" doesn't seem to do result in any change when I tested this with the scripting campaign.

I'm thinking this attribute is for the FMV cutscene where you would see the fighter being placed into the launch tube or something similar.

I am pretty sure that what saf is referring to is actually the in-game starting/ending cutscene where your fighter flies out of or into a 4-sided hanger out in the middle of no-ships space.

I just tried it, and prelaunch="none" works just fine. Look at the cutscenes.campaign.xml file, and try the cutscene campaign out. It uses this option.

I just tried it, and prelaunch="none" works just fine. Look at the cutscenes.campaign.xml file, and try the cutscene campaign out. It uses this option.

Well what do ya know. (what a strange phrase) It was the one thing I didn't try prelaunch="none"

Cutscene
Eddie,

Thanks for the info on disabling the launch cutscene. However, I was looking for something more specific that I think might not be available:

I want to change the model of the hanger to something else.

I don't want to disable the landings and take offs, I just want to change them to better fit my game.

Also on a side note: I changed the background for the killboard, but I was wondering how to move the text around so it lines up with my new graphics.

Saf asked if there is a way to customize the current default cutscene, instead of scripting a new one. Sorry, there's not a way. I suppose you could change the textures or mesh for the landing bay.

Sorry, the menu layout is hardcoded, there's not a way to move the text around.

I guess it is time then to start diving into LUA cutscene scripting, then.

Since I've been plugging with the LUA recently and I have some time available, I should be able help you out in creating launch and landing cutscenes.

I guess it is time then to start diving into LUA cutscene scripting, then.

Since I've been plugging with the LUA recently and I have some time available, I should be able help you out in creating launch and landing cutscenes.

That would be fantastic! Thanks.

What if I just want to use a movie as a cutscene?

As an example:

I want to play a movie once all of the enemeies at a nav point are destroyed but BEFORE I leave the nav point and move on.

Simplest way is to have each of your enemies use a common On Destroy function where a global variable increases by 1. That Nav's During function would then have an if-statement to check for when that variable reaches the total number of enemies at that Nav include the play movie function.

In the mission, as soon as you destroy the last remaining enemy at that nav, the movie will play.

Back