Concordia's Sister

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
Concordia's Sister !Please Reply!

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of this but how about bringing the Concordia's older sister, the TCS Confederation CVS 64 into play. I mean the ship has never been seen but it would be logical to think that it would be operating beacuse it would be less than 10 years old. Prahaps Bradshaw could fly from it in a later mission pack?

I could be wrong but as far as I know the TCS Confederation was destroyed in 2665 when the keelmounted PTC malfunctioned and exploded.

The Confederation was heavily damaged but not lost. The keel needed to be redisigned to acommadate the energy output of the cannon. Also, why would the build a second ship if the prototype had a faulty design?

P.s. were there more then two Confederation class built?

five were built, then the dangers of the PTC was discovered and the production was halted. The last surviving one in 2669 is the TCS Armageddon.

The first Confederation class ship built was indeed the TCS Confederation. As best we can tell, it was CVS-14 and not CVS-64. There's no indication anywhere that it was destroyed (or crippled) when its PTC exploded.

It looks like Confederation-class ships were built at a rate of one a year starting in 2660... and ending in 2665. That means there were five or six total.

Lynx mentions that the last surviving ship was the TCS Armageddon in 2669. I know the concordia crashed on vespus but what happened to the TCS Confederation and the other 3 Confederation class ships.

There's no indication anywhere in the canon that the TCS Armageddon was a Confederation-class ship... and if it was, it certainly didn't enter service in 2669.

As for the others -- at least one was destroyed by its PTC, and the others were probably destroyed by the Kilrathi at some point before the end of the war. There aren't any specifics.

If I remember correctly, the last Confederation-class warship was built in 2665. I think it was LOAF who told me that.

I personally think there should be one more Confederation-class warship in service (at least around the Battle of Earth). The reason I'm guessing this is because in the Wing Commander 3 novel, Admiral Tolwyn showed Blair and Eisen a schematic picture of the TCS Behemoth, compared to a Confed dreadnought. He would not have done it if all the vessels of the class went down already, especially if it's a visual reference.

The point of a visual reference is to compare something new to something that people already know and are familiar with. Comparing the Behemoth to a warship class that has all been wiped out is kind of strange to me.

As far as PTC, I'm guessing one Confederation ship was destroyed by it. It would help explain why Confed took that thing off the front lines pretty quick. And as for the other sister ships, in 2666-7, Confed lost half of its carrier fleet. I think it was either 8 to 9 carriers. I'm guessing the other Confederation-class ships went down at that time.

This is just my opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt.

According to the CIC database, the Concordia was commisioned in 2664 so if one was being built every year, woudn't production stop in 2668?
Question, do you like the Confeeration class design. Rate it from 1-10. Also, the WC2 ship reference guide says that the Concordia holds 138 fighters. With those long runways, it doesn't seem like they have enough room for the fighters unless they store some in the bow. Since i'm not a regular yet I can't show a picture of this but maybe someone can?
BTW, LOAf, why would the Concordia]s ID number be CVS65 if the Confederations was CVS 14?

The CIC guide is wrong -- the Concordia was commissioned in 2661.

And what Wc2 reference guide? The original Joan's simply lists the fighter complement as "full"... the Kilrathi Saga guide says that the ship carries 120 fighters.

No need to apologize. Anyway, you're certainly interested in the subject -- it might be more appropriate for the regular chat zone or IRC, though... since this area is for Standoff-related conversations.

Back